What's new

Northern electric trains

spacebum

Roller Poster
Basicly this is another one of my crappy threads.

Is it really worth all this BS and delays just to save afew minutes on the trains. As I live in Chorley and still dont drive I rely on trains to travel anywhere beyond Preston or Wigan. With most of the line being closed off south of Bolton due to the Farnworth tunnel haveing a TBM bore out the wider southbound tunnel to make it double wide for the new lines and trains.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/farnworth/

Yes Manchester Victoria station looks good now. But all this hastle to some is not worth wait. New trains where ment to be running via chorley by december 2016. but now the best early shot is june 2017. The chances of actualy having new trains is tiny. Since most will be renovated old stock from Midlands and or from around London. Yes First Transpennine do have some new electric stock Running via Wigan) but by 2019 they may have to be sent down to Chiltern railways.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I'm reading this on a bus replacement service between Preston and Chorley, having got the train from London. At this point I'd like ANY train - even Thomas the ruddy Tank Engine.

spacebum

Roller Poster
Robbie said:
I'm reading this on a bus replacement service between Preston and Chorley, having got the train from London. At this point I'd like ANY train - even Thomas the ruddy Tank Engine.

How typicly ironic.

None of the companys can give any sort of acurate time scale as to how long this "project" will take. The way things are progressing with this I most likely would have moved to Wigan by the time this is completed if it ever is.

spacebum

Roller Poster

Aparently it is still all on schedule. Well that is to the new schedule of early/mid 2017 not december 2016 as promised. The TBM in Farnworth broke through 25th october. Hopfully the lines should now be able to run back to capacity. Untill they close the lines again to put up the stantions and the OHPC's.