What's new

NoLimits noobie needs help

Kebab

Giga Poster
Okey. I purchased the program today and just started using the editor; it's either my inexperience or Vista messing this up, but when I try to place a vertex or anything, nothing is showing up at all. :(

I've been trying so many different combinations of views and items but still nothing appears. Can anyone help please?

Dave

CF Legend
It dosen't work well with Vista. Try opening properties, compatibility, and turn it to Run in XP. That can help it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It should work with Vista.
Make sure you have the latest Direct X installed, and update your graphics card driver. That could be the problem. Or have you tried pressing the node button and then pressing on the screen :p lol

A

Anonymous

Try running the editor in "Software Rendering Mode" (from the start menu), it helps some people to get it working properly.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^BUT it runs slowly, keep in mind.

If that works, then it's your graphics card that needs replacing. If it doesn't, then open your computer, pour gasoline on it, and proceed to ignite.

lol

Mega Poster
For the current generation of programs, yes, because that's what most of them were designed to run on.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Buy insurance, open the tray, add kerosene, lets do an insurance job!

No idea, my NL often crashes, and I have Vista.

Ollie

CF Legend
My brother has Vista on the computer downstairs and NoLimits runs fine on it no problem.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Ahh happy days I've decyphered the problem! :)

All i needed to do is enable a compatability tab called "disable desktop composition" and it works perfectly fine! I'm a happy noob now :p

Thanks for the help though guys! I researched a bit on TPR and I managed to sort it out.

Can we have the lock please? :)