What's new

NoLimits Competition #2 - Riders Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Sudden change of heart, Xpress? You're usually the one to talk about how people's ride don't meet Germany's TUV requirements and explain how it's "inexcusable."

Error

Strata Poster
Antinos said:
Sudden change of heart, Xpress? You're usually the one to talk about how people's ride don't meet Germany's TUV requirements and explain how it's "inexcusable."

Remember, it's only ok if he does it too :p

So far I'm in agreeance: few of the tracks lack the ground hugging feel of a terrain coaster, and the tooled tracks (which are painstackingly obvious) just don't feel natural.

Will have my ratings later.

Xpress

Strata Poster
bigjoe97 said:
Red positives I'm perfectly fine with, but red negatives aren't.

You're doomed...

Not that you seem to care anyways, but El Toro has been known to spike to -2.1 in the back seat. i'm PMing you a set of data sheets for acceptable forces for modern day standards ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Nope. You can rate your own ride. If you didn't.. I'll just give it a 10.. because you would anyway. :D

Snoo

The Legend
Uncle Arly said:
Snoo said:
Nope. You can rate your own ride. If you didn't.. I'll just give it a 10.. because you would anyway. :D

I actually wouldn't have, what DO you take me for, Snoo? :lol:

Sexy. :D

By the way.. if I don't get any more rankings by tonight, I'm cutting it off. I have surgery on Thursday and won't really be able to type much after that/be willing to do much.

I WILL have the third comp up tho. <3

The_Architect

Roller Poster
oooh, well hope your surgery goes ok!

Damn, the suspense for these results is killing me! lol.

I hope the third comp is a terrain B&M inv or something like that :)

devilsrule911

Roller Poster
I just took a look at these tracks. Only one of them was good. Otherwise every single other coaster was complete **** **** **** .

Xpress: What are you talking about? I have ridden El Toro so many times and I can guarantee you that it does not reach -2 gs. I'm not sure where you are coming from with that but that is definitely wrong. On top of that, a regular track like a Martin and Vleminckx coaster would not be able to handle those kinds of forces without it getting beat up, so that is really extreme for this competition.

bigjoe97

Roller Poster
Hmm, I'm really not sure. It's a NL contest, so people will be sending in RCT parks, right?

Yeah, you need NL.

Bear

Roller Poster
I've noticed alot of numbers are being bandied around here. At least provide some proof when you claim a particular ride hits a particular G-force peak. -2.1 for El Toro? My foot!

There is alot more skill (and comfort in real life) involved in having sections of strong sustained forces (of around 0.8 - 1g), rather than random sharp spikes of them anyway!

It's useful to compare forces on rollercoasters to something you can experiment with in real life. For example:

-1g airtime is like standing on your head;
1g of lateral force is like laying on your side on the floor.. etc.

Imagine doing the latter, and then having someone of equal weight lay atop you. That is what 2g laterals feel like, and I really doubt you would experience that anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.