What's new

NoLimits Competition #1 - RESULTS!

Snoo

The Legend
In the 8th spot, with 14 points, is Thekingin64, with that.. well complete circuit ride: Regal.

Regal-Thekingin64.jpg

I mean.. you sent in a track right? Should count for something? Basically, you need to work on everything. The next competition will be slightly easier, so hopefully you can excel then.

------------------------------------------------------------
In 7th place, with 30 points, is Intricks with Verorben.

Intricks.jpg

Well, nothing was truly solid but nothing was immensely lackluster in this performance Intricks. Next time around, working on technique and realism will help you out quite a bit.

In 6th place, with 35 points, is Treeis with his lovely newfangled contraption: Great White.

GreatWhite-Treeis.jpg

Nice concept, very original. The technique though has a bit to be desired. Work on smoothing and your pacing and your next creation should be much better.

In 5th place, with 37 points, is Error with his creation: Ares.

Ares-Error.jpg

Solid concept which was quite good actually, but just like Treeis, you suffered some smoothing problems and lack of flow at points. Good job overall though.

In 4th place, with 40 points, is Jer with his creation: Forester.

Forester-Jer.jpg

Everything was pretty solid with this effort Jer, it just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. Needed some more umph really. Nice technique and originality though.

In 3rd place, with 44 points, is Brookes with his creation: Velociraptor!

Velociraptor-Brookes.jpg

Bonus! This guy got all the bonus, helping your track immensely Brookes. You did lack a lot in technique and you also didn't fair well with your peers as well. It was quite original and it wasn't too shabby in terms of realism and excitement.

In 2nd place, with 45 points, is Antinos with his creation: Octavarium.

Octavarium-Antinos.jpg

Marc, your ride was very good from the start. Probably my favorite in terms of originality but you do suffer in technique and some realism. You were popular among friends though, which helped you earn this second place rating. Good job buddy.

ANDDDD in 1st place, with 52 points and our winner, is Xpress with his creation: Tropical Twister.

TropicalTwister-Xpress.jpg

It was ok.. :D

As judging is concerned, this was by far the most exciting ride. Loved it from beginning to end. You were also very original and your technique was almost flawless. Realism did suffer a smidge but not as to hinder your score. You were also quite popular among friends. Fantastic track overall buddy. I'm looking to get you a little reward for your troubles. ;)

As to the competition as a whole, thank you for the patience. The next one will come out soon and I'm sure you will all love it. Hope we have the same turn out or even more. ;)

Error

Strata Poster
Yay! I lose!

Some very interesting tracks, at the very least everything was different

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well done to Xpress! I'm happy with third, especially seeing as I used prefabs and the whole track was rather thrown together. Great comp Snoo!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Kinda confused on the term 'realism' (I get what it implies, but pulling it off is what I'm trying to grasp), but I did better than what I thought actually :lol:

If you dont mind Snoo, could you send me a PM whenever you have the time (or post it here, doesnt bother me really) to give a full critique on where my good points and bad points were?

Switching between the hideouts'...

Jer

Strata Poster
Held 4th like a boss, also Xpress, if you won without tools, why would you need tools in the next one ;)

Congratz guys!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
So you know, I didn't actually name my coaster.

I did have a few problems that never seemed to resolve e.g entrance to the first Immelman, pull up into the MCBR and 3rd to last air time hill. All just wouldn't smooth.

Also, It was a bit rushed.

Treeis

Mega Poster
...I worked really hard on mine.

I will get in the top 3 next time... Just you wait and see

Snoo

The Legend
There wasn't much disparity between 3rd and 6th though guys. To be fair, it mostly came down to:

1. how smooth your track was (I didn't really look at G spikes too often as I did spot a few in the rerides to take screenshots)
2. how well it flowed and if the ride wasn't just thrown together
3. if someone would really build it (realism there Intricks)
4. if I would want to ride it.

Obviously it's subjective as to what I look for in a mega looper (my favorite being Kumba of course), but to be fair, you all fit the bill. You can trust I have no bias as I do think Xpress is a huge tool (pun intended) yet he still won. It really was a quality ride and you all mostly voted in the same overall feelings I had for the rides.

I do have the Excel file for my ratings if you guys would like to see how I voted each of you. :D

And Intricks, I'll be glad to.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well well well... Now this is a surprise. Never placed first before in a CF competition :D

TBH I thought I was going to get 3rd or 4th like I usually do. Octavarium was the most impressive track IMO.

Thanks everyone!! :D

Jer said:
why would you need tools in the next one ;)

Just a builder preference ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Marc, your ride was very good from the start. Probably my favorite in terms of originality but you do suffer in technique and some realism. You were popular among friends though, which helped you earn this second place rating. Good job buddy.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. You guys could probably tell that I was going for something more unusual, kind of like what B&M is doing with Parc Asterix's invert. I knew the transitions were going to kill me and some of my segments weren't the correct length. I've already took those points and applied them to my next ride.

Nice job to everybody who entered and congrats to Xpress. It's about time you finish a ride ;)

So Marcus, when's the next competition?

Snoo

The Legend
Antinos said:

Thank you for the constructive criticism. You guys could probably tell that I was going for something more unusual, kind of like what B&M is doing with Parc Asterix's invert. I knew the transitions were going to kill me and some of my segments weren't the correct length. I've already took those points and applied them to my next ride.

Nice job to everybody who entered and congrats to Xpress. It's about time you finish a ride ;)

So Marcus, when's the next competition?

Anytime. :D

Also.. the next comp is already up. You should love this one. :D