What's new

NoLimits 2!

Intricks

Strata Poster
The last time I viewed my dl time was before I left for work. God only knows what it could be at now lol.

I hope it didnt become corrupted or some **** while downloading. I would be so pissed off.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Done. Made my first thing.

tal0.jpg

The transfer and storage tracks that is... The ride itself was already completed in NL1.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: NoLimits 2!

Is it sad that the transfer and storage and duel station is what I am most excited about? Guess I'll be waiting for tomorrow since not home and it's too late now.

Intricks

Strata Poster
All Ive done is make a basic test track for the suspended coaster. Something to get an idea on how to use the new system and whatnots.

Its confusing but actually makes it SO much easier to visualize what I want to do. Pain in the arse to do banking of any kind (still not used to the new system, but somehow mannaged).

tomahawk

Strata Poster
How do you bank? The car didn't swing on an unbanked turn, kinda surprised me. Do they swing at all? I have to put some serious hours into learning how to do this all over again...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
To get the car to swing you need to set a trigger where you want it to begin swinging and then one where you want it to stop :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've only played around in the sim at the moment, and it's laggy as **** on my laptop (will be getting a new computer over the summer), but damn the screenshots are sexy:

screenshot-2014-01-11-11-01-35.png

:lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster
Tom, you gotta select Add Trigger and place it where you want the car to unlock and re-lock. It took me a while to figure that one :lol:

Also, for banking, it will be a mass bitch because (and this is purely questionable on my end too) I believe you have to set one where at the end of the lift and before brakes throughout while serting them to Strict. Afterwards, you place them where you want them to be and adjust accordingly after double clicking them.

So much to learn now, but they did make banking easier with the option of making a banked segment with no lateral forces!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'm considering getting this. Is it worth getting the standard version? Or as you're paying the money is it worth going professional?

Also, I've had a quick look at specifications, I have a Mac (I'm expecting a torrent of abuse) I assume NL2 isn't compatible yet?

Xpress

Strata Poster
There is no specific Mac version yet.

As far as Standard vs Pro licensing, there's no reason to go with the Pro version, as 95% of end users will not benefit from the small additional features.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Still splurged and got the pro. Quite like the idea of making HD video without an external program.

Oh well, attempting to make a nicely built Suspended coaster (as they are fab and I need more in my life). I will probably stick to those for quite a while.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
There is no specific Mac version yet.

That's been pointed out already. That's why I explained how I am running it, and for Mac users, there are plenty of ways to run Windoze programs, thanks.
=D>

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Intricks said:
Still splurged and got the pro. Quite like the idea of making HD video without an external program.

Oh well, attempting to make a nicely built Suspended coaster (as they are fab and I need more in my life). I will probably stick to those for quite a while.

I too went for the pro version.

I tried to record a 1080p video yesterday and failed. I am liking the high res screen shots though. I've upped the setting to highest size and they are huge!

scw55

Hyper Poster
I hope we'll be able to upgrade to Pro later (without having to buy it all over again) if we decide we quite like those extra features.

I'm waiting for some more feedback before diving straight into NL2. I am eager to jump ship from RCT3 as I'm fed up of custom supports.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I've bought the Pleb edition.
If I can workout how it works, expect some very odd creations in the Nolimits subforum.