What's new

Noisiest Lift Hill Motor on a Roller Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Bit of a random topic, but having ridden Infusion at BPB, I noticed the lift hill motor was stupidly noisy. Without a doubt the nosiest motor on a coaster I have ever heard. I then watched different POVs of Vekoma coasters, and they all had loud lift hills. What's the noisiest one you've heard?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Not the bit, but the ratchet dog on Firehawk at Kings Island is unbearable.

Snoo

The Legend
Raptor at Cedar Point is BAD in certain seats. You can't even hear the person next to you in some spots.

spicy

Giga Poster
Corkscrews at Alton was the loudest I have heard. I liked it though it was kinda iconic. You could hear it across the valley in FV at times.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Taron's second launch... but that's not a bad thing

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Jubilee Odyssey at Fantasy Island Skegness had a very noisy lift hill in it's first few years, could hear it clacking from a long way off

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach uses a non-constant motor which turns on and then back off once the train is at the top.

It is terribly loud for only having to carry 4 people and a train that is suppose to be as ligt as a feather with its fiberglass and all.

Will

Strata Poster
The old one on Corkscrew at Towers immediately springs to mind... but Colossus at Thorpe makes me a pretty nasty noise.

astead04

Roller Poster
Any version of Big Thunder Mountain at the Disney Parks, Vampire at Chessington World of Adventures and also B&M dive coasters like Oblivion and SheiKra.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Any one that has Robb Alvey filming on it.
That could go either way, Robb not shutting the **** up on the lift hill (he likes to produce sound), and/or the strain on the lift motor from his weight, putting in great effort to try and hoist his fat ass to the top.

Dar

Hyper Poster
If it's the right time of day, with the wind in the right direction, and if you stand in just the right place, I swear you can hear Kumali groaning "kiiilllllll mmmmmeeeeee" as it creaks another train to the top.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Gci is quite bad... Or at least Joris is

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk