What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

How come, In Purgatorium, my tracks come out with pumps? I followed this tutorial:

www(dot)coastersims(dot)com(slash)norestraint(dot)asp?action=viewarticle&articleid=95&page=1

Also, are there any more ewizards for elementary besides the ones that elementary come with?

Thanks!

Xpress

Strata Poster
For elementary, there is HSAK, FVDs, eggheads, and there is one other I forgot about.

Purgatorium is purgatory for most, so I wouldn't use it.

There is an auto supporter for steel rides now. A pre-beta version of the ASG is available. One of the threads titled "custom supports?" or something like that has the download link.

Steve, use the construction kit to set a transport section to whatever speed you want. Note, that NL will try to change it to 124mph and under, so get all of your settings first. Also, just use a brake segment and set it for "launch". It will launch to whatever speed you need. If it launches too fast, turn the launch force down. If it doesn't launch fast enough, turn the launch force up.

A

Anonymous

Okay, I have FVD, but what exactly do I do with the eformulas? I only know that Elementary loads the ewizards... Also, what is egghead, and where can I get it?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Ok, so is this game worth me getting? Oh yeah and is it even better than RCT3? (as in is it better simulation on the coasters and stuff).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^NL (No Limits) simply blows RCT3 out of the water.

OK, you can't build a whole park, and you're only limited to one track per landscape, but it is so advanced that it makes it worth it.

Firstly there's the building. Unlike RCT3 there are, funnily enough, no limits. You can build whatever elements you like, and the simple wireframe editor makes it very easy. After the track is complete you also have control over the supports. NL basically works using sets of nodes. Track nodes have control points, allow you to change their position and shape, while support nodes allow you to join beams of varying sizes to other beams, or footer.

Secondly there's the physics. NL has incredible good physics included. You can get readouts of vertical, lateral and acceleration Gs, along with accurate speed readings.

Finally there's the graphics. The cars, track, and mechanisms are very well represented. The graphic are truly awesome.

There are also tons of other features. For example, there are advanced 3Ds object options, plenty of trees and an almost infinite possibility for landscaping.

It's hard to get to grips with, sure, I'm not going to lie, but once you have got used to it you have so much control that it becomes quite a powerful game.

The price of the game is truly outrageous. When I bought NL about a year and a half ago I paid just over £16 ($ to £ conversion). For a game of this quality that price is a steal. Definitely worth it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks man! :--D So do I just but it straight from there website? Oh and one more thing, I did download the demo, and it ran horribly slow, is that just a glitch in the demo? I mean my computers not necessarily bad, but I don't want to buy it if it runs like absolut sh*t.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^The demo should run fine. I would check your PC to see if you are capable of running the game. There'll be a spec on the NL website somewhere.

And yes, you do just buy it off the NL website:

http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/

Ollie

CF Legend
Quick question. I used to use the wheel thing on my mouse to zoom in and out while building my coasters. But now the slider bars (like you get on internet pages) have appeared out of nowhere so it just scrolls up and down the page and I don't know how to get rid of them. :x

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have both horizontal and vertical bars on mine, and have done since I got the game.

Using the scroll wheel still zooms in and out.

Can you explain a little further?

Ollie

CF Legend
Well, for ages I just zoomed in and out using the wheel on the mouse. But now when I go to zoom in it scrolls up the page instead like it would on any internet page.

For me to zoom now I have to hold shift then use the wheel, which is stupid because this has just happened from nowhere. :x

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I've always had the bars on the side and bottom.

But, my scroll wheel allows me to scroll in and out.
Maybe go into your mouse settings?

A

Anonymous

Well, take the easy route, and just press "Print Screen" (located next to, or around your backspace key, depending on your computer type).

Then go to MS Paint, Photoshop, ect. and then go to edit, then down to paste. VIOLA!! A screenie of your ride.

Also, this is just to take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen, be it editor shots, webpage shots, ect.

I tried everything I could to paste the image to Paint - I even restarted my computer - and when I went into Simulator and selected "print screen", went to Paint, and it didn't work. I tried the same in Editor, and it still didn't work. Is there something else I need to do? What am I doing wrong?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I cant take screenshots either.
when i press k it says saved but it doesnt save, and print screen just takes a picture of the programs under the sim eg editor internet
Also how do you use other coasters as .3ds to use as scenery ive seen it done but how?
Thanks

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I can aswer your first question, but as for the second, you'll have to wait for somebody else.
For the record, your screenshots are saved, but not in the right folder. I assume that there's an issue with Windows Vista, but it can be handled.
Now what you do:

- Search for the ride name on your computer. Include the search to go through hidden files, system folders, etc. In short, tell your computer to look everywhere.
- After some minutes, you'll surely have found at least one of your screenshots.
- Right click on the picture, then "open file placement". The folder containing all your screenies will appear. However, it is placed in the inaccessible "temp" files. But no worries:
- Go une step up and make a shortcut to that folder on your desktop. When you upload pics, go to that folder. All new screenshots will be saved from there too, so this is only necesssary to do once.

- Alternatively, open the screenshot in paint and save from there.
- Or, just send the picture to the documents folder.
Any of these will work, but if you have several pics, the first method is by far the easiest.
Hope I was of help.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
I am a big stupid-face and forgot to back up my copy of NL to disk. I reformatted my computer recently, and the download link I had from January is dead. However, I backed up all my docs, so the setup file I downloaded might be hiding in my documents folder somewhere. So what is its name so I can search for it, and if I can't find it, where can I get a new copy? I've still got my serial and all that jazz in the original email.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'd just email the NL Team and explain what has happened.

Then just see where it goes from there. They're unlikely to turn you down another copy especially if you can prove all of the official stuff.

A

Anonymous

The NL 1.6 setup file is called: NLSetup16.exe
But if you don't find it just mail them and they will get back to you as Hixee said.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any way to get Wooden Catwalks on wooden coasters other than going through the auto-support generator? I use them as roof in the station, but to get them I have to "steal" them from a track segment, which stands out quite badly after the catwalks are removed. Also, I test the coaster with auto-supports enabled, but remove them when building. That also takes away the roof in the station, which is a pain to get back there.