What's new

No Limits Competition VIII- Spinning Challenge

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh ****e!

Completely forgot about this. I've not actually done anything to in since my last post.

*goes to check progress*

Phew! Turns out I've almost finished supporting.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Cheers. I'll be finished by then.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Would you fail the track if two tunnels slightly collide? Both parts are in the same block section and it's just the tunnels that collide, no track enters either tunnel.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It's not really a problem, the tunnel test is extrememly misleading and unreliable, as far as I am concerned, it's just a guidline, and if there is no chance of riders touching the track and there wont be another car on that bit of track, it's fine, and the shape of the Maurer car means that riders wont be able to reach far out anyway.

Also, the spinning motion stops on brake sections for some reason, just a tip for realism sakes.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dave's got mail.

Provided it actually works.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
It's not really a problem, the tunnel test is extrememly misleading and unreliable, as far as I am concerned, it's just a guidline, and if there is no chance of riders touching the track and there wont be another car on that bit of track, it's fine, and the shape of the Maurer car means that riders wont be able to reach far out anyway.

Also, the spinning motion stops on brake sections for some reason, just a tip for realism sakes.

Misleading and unreliable? No no no no no. The tunnel test is important to rider safety. It's okay if a couple sections of tunnel intersect with each other, but if track from another section enters the tunnel, above the seats, then it's a tunnel fail. Same with supports, or scenery.

You've got PM Blaze.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Yes, it is importnant, but it should never be taken as gospel, it is never always right.

Anyway, I hope to have it finished by deadline day, but It will take a huge effort.

Just one thing:
2q24z7l.jpg

I take it this is one of the things that supprts can not touch then? Or can they go behind the square? I'm just a little confused as to what it is?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Just 1 and a bit sections left.

Just that this section is the biggest and most complicated due to it being the tallest and over half the rest of the track.

Nevertheless, should be all supported in time, then got to make sure E-stop works, stacking is OK and tunnel test to find parts that are too close together, although as I said, it is not 100% accurate so I will only use as a guidline.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
All track work is done for me, I think it's my first real complete coaster! Just have to support now. Is there a time on the 26th we have to have it done by?

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
All track work is done for me, I think it's my first real complete coaster! Just have to support now. Is there a time on the 26th we have to have it done by?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Eh...

I just emailed my track to Dave. I hope he gets it.

I don't even know if I finished. I was going to double check the track on the laptop since I'm on vacation right now, but I just found out that NL isn't on here anymore. Oh well, I'll hope for the best!