What's new

No Limits Competition VIII- Spinning Challenge

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Yes please I really want to know. I've tried the whole even segments thing but if anything that has made it worse because instead of being able to just press ctrl+G, I also manually have to arrange the vertices in the way that looks smoothest.

I think I've tried to do something too complex for myself, like bitten off more than I can chew kinda thing... so it's gone sort of horribly wrong, but I'm gonna keep working at it because if theres 5 point's that I am gonna get in this competition, it will be the originality points XD.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Ingested Banjo said:
Blaze said:
Gutted...I may release the ride seperately after the comp, I want to keep the start section.

How bout just move the station, and add a prelift section? Or make the brakes weaker and add a bit more track...

I said I needed 800 foot. Do you realise how long that is?

I'm going to remove the last section and completely change it, maybe add another mcbr to keep it going longer, but may run out of room, or I may add another lift, but I doubt that, the way it is now is fine apart from the final section, so thats all I will change.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ Yeah I do. I realised that as soon as I built a fairly long coaster and realised it was only about 3000 feet. That's why I opted for the gerstlauer, with no length bonuses.... I'm still gonna fail though...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah. That does suck.

I haven't downloaded it. If you think it's bad, then there really is no point in my downloading it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Probably best if I didnt comment on it...although i did like the idea of that mini immelmann turn, but wtf was the thing on the lift shaft?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Sorry yeah I had a bad day yesterday and I was working on the coaster and it wasn't going at all well, so I kind of took it all out on that XD. I'm probably not going to work on it for another day or so because I've developed a strong dislike towards it. But I want to enter this competition just because I haven't entered one before, so I'll try my best to smooth it and then I'll support it.

^The lift shaft thing was meant to be a kind of ninja run along walls thing. It looked really good in my mind, but it didn't come out well on NL. Once I've gotten good at making rides, I may try and remake that element on another spinning coaster.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I undersand what you were trying to do, but the execution was awfull, no offence. It's not a problem, and it's something you will just improve on over time.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Exactly the reason I'm giving it a break for now... I'm gonna build another coaster in the meantime and hopefully after that I may be able to improve it a tiny bit.

If I have until end of this month I have enough time to smoothen it a tiny bit...

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
I've decided to enter, even though im **** at smoothing, making supports, and everything else. O well just a bit of fun, and using CAD will give me a head start for my uni course (although making coasters has nothing to do with it).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I've just settled on one. It's OK, but I'm not feeling all that thrilled by it.

It's quite fun though. I hope.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I feel the same way. I have an acceptable layout, but it doesn't have that awesome feel to it.

Dave

CF Legend
Im not expecting amazing roller coasters with amazing speed and thrill.

Think how to make a track that fills what I asked for and what the brief said, not how you'd love it to be with speed, thrills. Thats what a real designer would have to do.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^A real designer would be thinking towards not only satisfying the customers needs, but to satisfy the customers customers needs.

After like 2 hours of head scratching, and with a scalp that feels stingy, I think I have a good layout :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Finaly got it long enough, but had to add more than I would have wanted and ruined one of the key features of the ride by adding something that doesnt follow it, you will see what I mean when the tracks are released and I will be able to tell you what I mean.

The brief said keep it simple, but I dont think that is the case with mine, it is complex and lots of bits are very low, although I left enough room either side of the walls for people to move around the building.

Looking forward to it, I like my track, atleast until the last part of the new bits, feeling confident of at least getting a similar result as my Eurofighter.