What's new

Nigloland | Le Donjon de l’Extrême | Funtime drop tower

Lofty

CF Legend
Apparently, Scream brakes 92ft up the tower, which is just under half the actual tower height (not including the base it sits on). This brakes just over a third of the way up the tower, you're falling for at least 3 seconds, which is a second over Scream's drop ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Maybe it's the height of Scream's building then, as it brakes fully at the top of the structure, this one just looks to fully brake higher and has a longer slow descent to the bottom.
An extra second freefall will negate this of course, but it could brake later.
I don't think these have the push rods like the Fabbri's so the initial drop it's as intense, it's all about the speed and late braking.

andrus

Giga Poster
DelPiero said:
Maybe it's the height of Scream's building then, as it brakes fully at the top of the structure, this one just looks to fully brake higher and has a longer slow descent to the bottom.
Yes, I think most of the Intamin towers start to break fairly high up, but doesn't come to a complete stop until very late. Especially Scream and Drop Tower comes to mind as two rides that come to a complete stop very late, which of course is awesome since it seems like you're going to crash! :p

In fact; I just watched an off ride video of Scream and it seems like the break fins starts 1/3 from the base, with only one fin. And the multiple fins kick in with approximately 1/4 left of the ride. Roughly. It is very clear though that it is breaking very late!

As regarding Donjon it looks like an amazing addition :--D Long freefall and fairly late braking, love the aesthetics of the tower as well!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah this was **** brilliant.

Terrifying and the drop was amazing, one of the best drop towers I've ever done - certainly up there with Scream and Drop Zone.