What's new

Nickelodeon Universe | Chongqing China |Indoor Theme Park

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Maurer operate in other areas outside of the amusement industry, such as in building bridges? I think they may also build ferris wheels, but I’m not 100% sure.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Cuz they're ? rides other than the spinners.

Shock was actually a solid ride back in 2014 when I rode it it; yes it’s a little short (or feels that way) and the launch wasn’t overly intense - however it was throughly an enjoyable layout and am overall fun ride.

It’s a shame there isn’t actually more of them.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I mean.. sure. But instead we could have more Mack/Intamin launchers, so honestly I'm not bummed out about the lack of xcars at all.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
I mean.. sure. But instead we could have more Mack/Intamin launchers, so honestly I'm not bummed out about the lack of xcars at all.

But what about the parks which are unable to afford the offerings Mack and Intamin bring to the table?
I’d rather see a park get an X-Car with a solid layout than not actually get a new coaster at all...

Shock is in a whole different league to Rita and Intamin have built some other shocking coasters to

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Additionally, I recall reading that their spike technology appears to be their attempt into breaking into the material handling sectors of industry. Interestingly, Maurer Rides only has three products showcased on their website: spike coaster, spike transport (monorails and dark rides and such), and spinning coaster, as well as a link to their rides portfolio in case a potential customer wants an X-car or something else. This reads to me as if they have been trying to scale back their involvement in the amusement industry.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
As for the spinner and looper, I’m very intrigued to see Intamin being picked. Because it’s Intamin building them, I’m currently guessing that the spinner will be something like Objectif Mars at Futuroscope, but I’m not really too sure for the looper. If they want a similar style of coaster to Shellraiser, then maybe they’re doing a revival of the Vertical Lift Coaster, like Fahrenheit at Hersheypark? I could have sworn they were building a new Vertical Lift Coaster at another park in China that I can’t remember the name of, so I’d say it seems plausible that this park could receive one too.

The spinner looks to be the same model as Tornado at Bakken, so it will have single cars, not a train like Objectif Mars.
And yes, Hainan Ocean Paradise has purchased the second ever Vertical Lift model and this Shellraiser(?) will probably be some iteration of that.

As a matter of fact, Ocean Paradise has also built the second ever Intamin Spinner, after the aforementioned Tornado at Bakken.
- So after a decade of no customers for either model, they suddenly pop up in pairs at two different parks! Gotta love China.

Matt N

CF Legend
The spinner looks to be the same model as Tornado at Bakken, so it will have single cars, not a train like Objectif Mars.
And yes, Hainan Ocean Paradise has purchased the second ever Vertical Lift model and this Shellraiser(?) will probably be some iteration of that.

As a matter of fact, Ocean Paradise has also built the second ever Intamin Spinner, after the aforementioned Tornado at Bakken.
- So after a decade of no customers for either model, they suddenly pop up in pairs at two different parks! Gotta love China.
Ah right; thanks for the clarification @TheCoasterCruiser! Very interesting that both of these Intamin models that were thought to be one-offs are suddenly being revived after a very long hiatus!

richardcrete

Mega Poster
out of interest @richardcrete whats the layout below the Abu Dhabi one in the green box? As i mentioned in another thread my copy of FD got delivered the day after i flew to Crete for work (Coincidently considering your user name)
It's the Intamin LSM Launch Coaster Turbo Turtle Power (green) and Intamin Spinning Coaster Shredder (purple) layouts for Nickelodeon Universe in China :

20210305_104835.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Seems this may finally be back under way again following the property construction sector crash that halted almost everything in China.

Heres a video from November showing them starting to put the glass into the dome

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Seems this may finally be back under way again following the property construction sector crash that halted almost everything in China.

Heres a video from November showing them starting to put the glass into the dome

According to this article, the main investor, Jiayuan Chuangsheng Holding Group, defaulted on their loans in august, and the property has since been put up for auction. In the same article, the workers installing the glass panels are mentioned, with the reported purpose being "to prevent further damage to the interior of the building due to rain".