What's new

Newbie questions

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I decided to join CF because I find coasters interesting and I know quite a lot about them. Also my family got Merlin passes this year which means I will be riding loads this year! I have rode quite a few coasters but since I have not been to a merlin park since I was much younger, I have never rode a B&M coaster!

Anyway what does "getting creds" mean? Is a cred a ride/coaster on rcdb or is it something else? I would like to know so I can join in with getting them

Thanks in advance

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Thank you :). Btw I can't wait to ride nemesis as im sure it will be much better than the only other inverted coaster I've been on which is Infusion

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Yes it certainly will be! Infusion is woeful but Nemesis is awesome! Hope my explanation helped, creds are just coaster count.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cred is short for 'credit' - which is what appears on your Coaster-Count profile when you tick off a new roller coaster that you have just ridden in the list on their website.

Enjoy your first B+M, and welcome to Coasterforce! :)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the info guys :) the site is really useful for keeping track of what you've been on. Now I can start 'cred whoring'

mad mouse

Roller Poster
this year I will be riding my first Arrow , B&M and Intamin rides I will be also riding my first Eurofighter too.
last year I got my first vekoma S&S and woodie that wooden coaster being Megaphobia .

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
mad mouse said:
that wooden coaster being Megaphobia .

It's all downhill from there ;)

I've been on better "well rounded" wooden coasters than Megafobia - but the second drop for me is sublime. It's one of my favourite coaster moments ever - it just fits what I love perfectly. The rest of the ride is "fun". So even though I've been on better, I still think it's a great coaster and it wasn't until I hit the US that I found another that could beat that all round "come off with a huge grin" feeling.

Intamin tend to be hit and miss, but when they're hit, they're amazing. Arrow - generally "meh". B&M, even when they're mediocre, they're still good.They don't have hit and miss, just "not quite as good a hit as it could be or hit" :)