What's new

New Years Eve at Disneyworld Orlando

nadroJ

CF Legend
Next year me and my family are planning to spend New Years Eve in Orlando and I know both Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios are open past midnight to ring in the New Year.

What I'm finding hard to find out is whether you need specific tickets for these events (like they do for the Halloween events) or if you can actually just stay in the park until it closes.

If anyone has any information on this or if you've actually done New Years Eve at one of these parks I'd be very grateful if you could tell me about it as Disney seem reluctant to let me know what goes on with this event. Thanks!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
You do not need to get an extra ticket. There you go :)

They recommend you get there early. We went for New Years Eve in 2004 and are doing this year also (but we like to go to the Magic Kingdom). Since we stay onsite, we can get the bus and be there fairly quickly, so we get there for about 9 and the park isn't busy, but by the end of the day obviously it's heaving.

If you're driving I recommend going uber early, because the traffic is mental. Then obviously you have to wait and get the monorial/ ferry and while you're doing this hotel guests are flooding in, filling the capacity. I don't think this will be as extreme for the latter two parks. I know when we went MK and EPCOT both hit capacity, I don't know if the studios did.

Hope this helps! You also get free plastic hats and party blower things. They do your head in by morning!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Thanks, that helps a lot =] And we'd probably plan to spend the whole day in the park anyway.