What's new

New Trains for Rollo Coaster at Idlewild!

Pear

Strata Poster
Following the accident on this ride, the park has opted to get new trains for it. They are the first PTC 360 trains to be used and they are very interesting to say the least. Along with these trains are new height and weight requirements which are explained in the video below.

image.png

image.png

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm glad they have got it open again but those extended side panels are dreadful! They are a bit like the ones on the new trains on the Dreamland Scenic, but even uglier. I suppose they just can't afford another incident of any kind so they've gone super safe.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love how they say "side panel extensions are a feature found on some modern coaster trains that are operating on unique or classic coaster structures around the world".

I mean, they're not wrong, but I can't think of many that look that ridiculous. It's amazing. :p

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
Those are literally the ugliest thing ever.

But they're like cute little wings for added airtime...

Seriously though, the weight restriction on this is fairly limiting so it seems odd to add to the weight of the trains with the side flaps. I get the need to keep guests safe, but it seems like that previously one of the potential risks was the lack of restraints rather than the guests being exposed at the sides.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Didn't even notice they were PTC 360s until @Pear mentioned it! I'm actually a bit surprised.

Also...Baby Boulder Dash <3