What's new

New rides @ small parks

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whilst we're on the subject of water, the Bultins pool at Skegness is getting a pretty big revamp. Sounds like they're gutting it all and starting again.

Butlins announced today (Wednesday) that its ‘phenomenally successful’ Splashworld attraction is to undergo its first major revamp in 25 years, transforming it into an ultra-modern facility, fit for the 21st century.

Resort director Chris Baron said: “This will ensure we remain at the forefront of British holidays and will reassure our customers that we are investing their money to make their holidays even better in the years to come.

“I can’t wait to see their faces when they first walk into this amazing waterpark.”

The project will be completed by February half-term 2013, offering a range of impressive new attractions including adrenaline fuelled rapids travelling at 40mph, a lazy river ride that will take guests on an outdoor adventure, and an outside splash area with fountains which will light up and transform into a dazzling display after dark.

An exciting wavepool, shallow areas for youngsters and a central whirlpool are also included in the redevelopment ,which Mr Baron believes to be one of largest investments on the coast in a number of years.

Leading architectural firm Holder Mathias has designed the complex with acoustic dampening and environmental controls to create a more pleasant atmosphere for poolside spectators, which will also enable the venue to host evening entertainment for the first time in its history.

Local firm Simons Construction of Lincoln has been awarded the construction contract, which Mr Baron was ‘really pleased and proud’ to see and hopes will provide a boost to employment in the county.

An innovative construction schedule will ensure the current pool remains usable this summer when external works will take place without affecting the current facility, before completion over the winter when Splashword is out of use.

_60101378_butlins.jpg

http://www.skegnessstandard.co.uk/news/ ... -1-3820846

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I was wondering how long it would be until someone put something worthwhile after the toilet bowl that would make it interesting. That seems to do the trick

Martyn B

CF Legend
The Gerstlauer shuttle has opened at OK Corral:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiSjpA4L_0[/youtube]

Well, its certainly a different way to run a shuttle coaster...

bmac

Giga Poster
That's actually a neat twist on a shuttle. Would be nicer if they randomized the backwards and forwards passes (like doing a full circuit backwards) so that everyone keeps guessing.

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
Cavallino Matto in Italy have just opened a rock 'n' roll themed Gerstlauer Polyp:

cavallinomatto6203.jpg

http://www.parksmania.it/
No it's the Schwarzkopf that Liseberg got rid of when they got a new similar one from Gerstlauer.

furie said:
*Of course, the Gerstlauer version may be dreadful, but still ;)
The Gerstlauer one they replaced their old one is way better than the old Schwarzkopf one ever was, even I managed to get some insane spin on the car, where as on all other ones I get nothing at all. :(

Nic

Strata Poster
So, it looks as thought the air diver has finally gone permanently from Brighton pier. In its place is a motion simulator

549155_10150990586881025_1632582730_n.jpg

Also, this is new. Does it count as a cred? ;)

376856_10150990586676025_20371798_n.jpg

bmac

Giga Poster
I have never seen a park pull that kind of stunt before. I'm surprised they have things planned out that far in advance, most parks only go about 12-18 months ahead (bar Disney, Busch, and Uni, ofc.)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
The old Tarantula polyp that was at West Mids Safari Park is back! Now located towards the Apple coaster and has been rethemed with Hippo cars. Actually looks really good!

Lofty

CF Legend
It's shocked me that it's took this long for Brighton to remove their Air Diver. Seeing most the other parks got rid soon as the accident happened at Tibi.

Jake

Strata Poster
To be honest, I don't think it had actually operated at Brighton for a good while before they spited it. It probably spent about 70% of the last couple of years folded up doing nothing. It is weird that they kept putting it back up for such short amounts of time. Vile thing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Paultons Park are getting a new 4D cinema (where the Romany exhibition was). No other details available yet.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Not just Hampshire, but THE WORLD! I'm going to dedicate an entire forum and the CF home page to it when I get more info.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Plopsa Indoor Coevorden is expanding for 2013, and will feature an outdoor area. No news yet on what the rides/attractions will be.

plopsacoe.jpg