What's new

New rides @ small parks

Peet

Giga Poster
I find it rather sad that more Pinfari coasters have opened in the UK over the past decade than Mack, Intamin, B&M, GCI and Vekoma (and for that matter RMC) put together. Pinfari went bankrupt in 2004.
Good point, although this may not be a Pinfari - Interpark and SBF both make models that are almost indistinguishable (to my eye) from the old Pinfari Galaxis.

I thought it would be impossible to be disappointed when my expectation was Tsunami, and yet...

ManicMiner

Roller Poster
Really quite annoyed about this - the park leaflets are everywhere in north Cornwall and all feature artwork that clearly shows a suspended/invert style coaster, and which heavily implied an inversion would be involved...

I mean, let’s be honest, if a Pinfari z40 clone is “Cornwall’s best rollercoaster” then the second best is a steep hill and a shopping trolley! (Also Hornet at Flambards looks a lot better, tho I’ve never ridden it)

It really feels like false advertising to me - or did they have bigger plans and then have to quickly find a cheap alternative when their budget didn’t stretch to a Vekoma SFC?

Finally the punchline to this whole debacle is the park, in their wisdom, sticking a ludicrous height restriction on the thing - 1.3m to ride with a parent, 1.5m(!!) to ride unaccompanied.., This positions it really awkwardly with the rest of the park’s ride line-up as very little there is above 1.05m, and is mostly targeting an under 10 year old market.

To market an invert and then unveil a janky funfair coaster is bad enough... To then whack a height restriction on it that makes it unrideable for the majority of your customers is... well, words fail me to be honest

Last edited:

Coaster Fellow

Roller Poster
a6be520c99cebc2435a7f49a7a911c52.jpg
Makes the park look really unprofessional... such a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaster Fellow

Roller Poster
c09b65e33a2f90ffffe1fefe962c3916.jpg

Found a photo on their Facebook reviews. It truly looks horrible, especially considering that the park was very attractive before.

ManicMiner

Roller Poster
c09b65e33a2f90ffffe1fefe962c3916.jpg

Found a photo on their Facebook reviews. It truly looks horrible, especially considering that the park was very attractive before.

I was here today and the rest of the park is still rather charming but this area is horrible - like a building site. Didn’t ride the coaster on principle as my little one couldn’t ride with me. They are sticking to this ludicrous height restriction so far tho I saw plenty of kids who looked well under the height riding it. The staff didn’t seem to be particularly vigilant as I also saw a few selfies being taken on the ride

ManicMiner

Roller Poster

cookie

Giga Poster
Serengeti Park in Germany will get a new coaster in 2020, replacing their Zerier Tivoli coaster which will close in early November.

The park also hosted Höllenblitz for the summer which will return next year.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some interesting concept for a new coaster at Dunia Fantasi in Indonesia due later this year. This story driven indoor ride called Haunted Coaster will transport guests back to the 19th century.

View attachment 4898 View attachment 4899 View attachment 4900 View attachment 4901 View attachment 4902 View attachment 4903

Info on all the new rides is given here.

The ride was open. And now it's shut due to the virus....

But here's a video which makes it look really weird because the lights are on.