What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

alexr

Hyper Poster
Here is some More Updates from PBE Taken on Monday....

Looks like everythings nearly ready Minus the Dora Ride

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Some other photos from my visit on the Bank Holiday:

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

26.jpg

31.jpg

35.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

44.jpg

Nice floor!

45.jpg

Beaver Creek :')

47.jpg

By the way sorry for the double post!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's absolutely superb to be fair. They've really gone all out and made a real effort. Bravo Blackpool. It's not a half arsed job in the slightest but a proper, professional piece of work and I'm impressed. Hurrah! :D

marc

CF Legend
I agree with Furie and others it does look great, and it is also good to see the park adding things after the worry over the past few years when all we have seen is rides close.

I hope it is a huge success for them :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Makes Peppered Sunday Roast World Look Pants!

Tango and Powerade Coasters!!!11!! <3

I haven't paid much attention to this at all, but it kicks the stuffing out of Paultons' effort! It's so vulgar it's PERFECT!

This is ALMOST as good as Drayton's Thomas Land. I'm certainly going to reward their efforts with a visit this season! Nice one Blackpool, I'm genuinely very impressed! :)

And Ben's right, if this was somewhere who had given us access to construction, it'd be bummed by management - so despite this, Nick. Land should not be ignored. Can't wait for the Live now (Even though some plonker has put it in the middle of August and it'll be RAMMED! :lol: )

Ben

CF Legend
Haha, that floor actually IS the one from Soaked, how fab <3

But yeah, I agree with Neal...

Nick Land <3

I'd MUCH rather go here than Peppa Pig Land tbh, so <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Erm, we weren't given access to Peppa Pig World construction at all, aside from the Enthusiasts Day. The updates I posted for PPW came straight from their blog. As it's on my doorstep, it was easier for me to follow. I've already explained that I like the look of it, but I'm not fussed about a big American brand setting up home in one of England's most traditional theme parks!

I'll also have you know that I did have access to Nick Land's construction site (the day after Vadge and I visited LWV), but they cancelled at the last minute due to illness, which is why we headed to Toywn instead. Besides, Pleasure Beach Experience have been providing EXCELLENT updates, there was no need for management team to do so.

I do wish people would get their facts straight before making silly accusations. It's even more retarded to think that CF Management influence what people should think!

But as some people seem to be unable to understand that, I will make my feelings on Nick Land clear for one last time.

It looks good, a definite improvement on Beaver's Crack in terms of rides and vibrancy, but I'm not convinced on an American brand setting up camp in England's most traditional theme park.

alexr

Hyper Poster
For those interested Blackpool have a special offer on Friday
226084_10150176798602365_88885897364_6711754_8284437_n.jpg

Here’s a Fans Friday offer this week. Celebrate the Royal Wedding at Pleasure Beach with our Fans Friday offer. Purchase 2 Wristbands for the price of 1 and save up to £32. Book online only entering code 1162. Wristbands must be purchased by midnight on Thursday. Offer applies to gate priced wristbands, lowest priced wristband free. Offer valid 29/4 only.

Also It has been announced that David Hasslehoff is Opening Nick Land.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I don't see what is so bad about an American brand coming to PBB, the pleasure beach itself was originally meant to be an American style amusement park!

Martyn B

CF Legend
It does look fab, but if I'm being really picky, the Spongebob tower ride just looks wrong. Why not build the tower actually inside the Crusty Crab, instead of half way up it, with the queue leading up to this random platform inside the crab.

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:
It looks good, a definite improvement on Beaver's Crack in terms of rides and vibrancy, but I'm not convinced on an American brand setting up camp in England's most traditional theme park.

This is true, American brands in Blackpool are really new and I don't approve of them...

http://rcdb.com/775.htm

Oh wait...

Lofty

CF Legend
The Hoff? Thank
5censored.gif
I'm in Holland on the 4th.

Ugh, alsol 2-for-1 Wristbands today? Great, busy day for me then...

alexr

Hyper Poster
An Update From Today The day before opening...

100_1963.jpg

100_1964.jpg

100_1965.jpg

100_1966.jpg

100_1967.jpg

100_1968.jpg

100_1969.jpg

100_1970.jpg

100_1971.jpg

100_1972.jpg

100_1974.jpg

100_1975.jpg

100_1977.jpg

100_1978.jpg

100_1979.jpg

100_1980.jpg

100_1981.jpg

100_1982.jpg

100_1983.jpg

100_1986.jpg

100_1987.jpg

100_1988.jpg

100_1989.jpg

100_1990.jpg

100_1991.jpg

100_1992.jpg

Remember this?
100_2002.jpg

100_2003.jpg

Photos taken by Alan from PBE....

The Dora ride has progressed a little however I doubt it will be open tomorrow. Also the little go kart track was where the little suspended whip was ment to go. It may still go there next year....

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Apparently the preview went well. I'm looking forward to seeing an "unbiased" report from PBE :lol:

In other news, Amanda's tweet about fat people in lycra was amazing. She really is fab. I'd like to describe her in a more manly way, but I can't. She is fab and it's the only way to describe it. It's amazing how opinions can change.