What's new

New Mack mega coaster for Italy 2011

andrus

Giga Poster
The Sicilian park Etnaland will recieve a launched mega coaster from Mack rides next year, much like Blue Fire. No further details are known at the moment.

This seems somewhat strange to me since the park only got a couple of rides except for their water slides (those being water rides too). But on the other hand the slides looks like great fun and with this new addition to the park I'm definitly gonna visit next time I'm in southern Italy! :--D

A lot of things going on in Italy at the moment with a launched X-car and a spinner opening up at Rainbow Magicland, the B&M wing rider concept coaster at Gardaland and now this Mack mega coaster! Anybody interested in an Italy euro-live next year?? :wink:

Sources:
Interview with Roland Mack at the beginning of the clip
Parkworld Magazine November 2010 (page 16)

peep

CF Legend
WANT!

Blue Fire was absolutely epic. I look forward to hearing more about the layout etc of this one.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I know I'm so so guilty of doing this myself, but there's a topic on this somewhere already. But still, hooray for Italy!

andrus

Giga Poster
^Haha! Well I wrote this topic first but then I realized that it would probably be better to discuss the EuroLive somewhere else, so I created another topic!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
new mega coaster

Hydraulically launched acclerator coasters have become a huge hit. XCelerator at Knotts is quite a trend setter. Congrats to Italy

andrus

Giga Poster
Over at theparks.it someone claims to have info directly from the park (if I understand things right) that says the coaster will have a regular lift and not a luanch. Furthermore they categorize the coaster as a "mega light" so it'll probably be smaller than Blue Fire. The opening date has also been changed to 2012.

I'm a little bit dissapointed that this won't happen until 2012 but I'm still interested in the project. Will be exciting to see the layout, promo video etc that will be released on etnalands webpage soon!

Snoo

The Legend
Im still interested to see what Mack can come up with. They came out of left field with BF.. I wonder when they'll venture to America.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^When someone orders from them.

I'm pretty sure they go to those IAAPA things, don't they? I'm just guessing that with no manufacturing plant in the USA it makes more sense for parks to go to Intamin and B&M. I'm not really sure how the whole thing works, but setting up a manufacturing plant in the USA before getting any kind of reputation or orders would be a really big gamble.