What's new

New Kidde Coaster For Legoland Billund's 50th Anniversary

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
For the parks 50th anniversary next year Legoland will open a brand new roller coaster for the kids in their 'Legorado' area, called 'Den Flyvende Ørn' (The Flying Eagle), which looks like a custom design from Zierer. Furthermore they're completely renovating their log flume 'Canoe', as well as giving their entrance area a new look.

The park removed their Zierer Tivoli a couple of years ago so it was inevitable that they would get a new kiddie coaster sooner or later.

Height: 11 meters.
Speed: 46 km/h
Length: 281 meters
pda8qlrc7bj3qwkuf2og.jpg

This video on their Facebook site is in Danish, but it gives a pretty good overview along with a model:

Source: http://www.mynewsdesk.com/dk/legola...kaempe-opgradering-af-legoredo-r-town-2163064

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yay!

Canoe was always one of my favourite rides at Legoland Billund. Nice to see it get some attention! Also, I agree that the entrance area needed some upgrading. It's been a while since I was there, but I can't remember anything about it but generic buildings and souvenir shops. You don't really get the Lego vibe until you reach the plaza at Miniland, and even there there's nothing big and "Lego-y" to greet you. Park entrances should really build hype for visitors, maybe give you a glimpse of something big in the distance. I guess you can see the observation tower pretty well from Legoland's entrance, but that's it, and unless it's running you just see a big pole. I think the enormous lego dinosaur is a great idea.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ooh, I'm visiting here for the first time next year. Had no idea it was their 50th anniversary, so that's a nice surprise in itself. But yay for an extra +1

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Is it bad that it was bothering me that when he was simulating the coaster's path with the eagle that he didn't bother banking it the correct way?

I was sitting here like: "He's doing the layout with that eagle figure... It's probably gonna be completely inaccu... Oh there we go!"

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Legoland Windsor is due for a new coaster. I hope they follow this park and get a Zierer coaster, or ANY coaster, for that matter. Merlin did say they're going to start spending more money at their Legoland parks in the coming years. I have some hopes for next year.

Last edited: