What's new

New Intamin Zac Spin model

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hot off the press from ECG at IAAPA! So hot they don't even have a poster or model of it at the show!
Unlike the existing Zac Spin model where two pairs of riders sit back to back, an additional train allows for three different seat configurations depending on the park operators requirements.

Riders can face backwards.

Front facing seats.

Riders can sit face to face.

Ride operators can choose between traditional free spinning or controlled spinning at certain points throughout the ride.
The new Zac Spin model uses a Linear Synchronous Motors (LSM) to launch riders out of the station and to the top of the lift reducing the operating noise.
To increase capacity, the new Zac Spin roller coaster uses a moving loading station.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That launch is worth it's weight in gold for reducing lift hill time alone. Glad to see Intamin is still advancing the Zacspin concept - still a very underrated and surprisingly good ride experience.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Didn't they have another launched model a few months ago?

Looks better than the original one, but the S&S model still looks better

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Yeah, I think it could be quite good too, as I did enjoy Joker and this is virtually the same thing. However, it did take a fair while to get going and then was over too quickly - looking at the whip on that first turn, hopefully having the LSMs will solve that. Capacity should be improved as well, especially with the station design.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm interested in the new track style - looks more compact than the S&S models, but a move away from the traditional 4-rail designs we've seen from Intamin so far.

I haven't yet ridden one of the S&S Free Spin models, but the ZacSpin rides have always made me feel a bit funny. They can cause some really intense forces. I feel like regardless of which direction I'm facing, the same thing might happen on these. I'd be keen to try one out though, along with one of the S&S rides... :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not sure if the track in the video is how it will actually be. I guess it will be. Jerry is talking to Intamin tomorrow so hopefully more info then.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not sure if the track in the video is how it will actually be. I guess it will be. Jerry is talking to Intamin tomorrow so hopefully more info then.
My guess is it will look very similar to the renderings. Those images are rendered in NL2 with a custom track design. I can't see why they would model the track like that if they're not expecting it to look like that.

Will be interesting to hear what ECG can find out.

mouse

Giga Poster
These don't appeal to me, I'd imagine it's like sitting inside a tumble dryer that's being pulled around a BMX track.