What's new

New Intamin travelling coaster for Spain?

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
All credit goes to David Wragg for finding this information.

Not many details on this, but foreign forums suggest that Bañuls Atracciones of Spain are purchasing a travelling Zac Spin from Intamin.

Source 1
Source 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaDN6RppGA&feature=related[/youtube]

Bañuls Atracciones already own a load of coasters including an L&T Water Coaster, 3 spinning mice, Jet Star 2 and a gliding coaster.

Anyone know any more on this?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Why does that look incredibly similar to the Green Lantern animation? :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS5jyNsKIWQ[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
^Because it IS the Green Lantern animation...

That'd be crazy travelling though... wouldn't put it past Spain mind...

A

Anonymous

Could this mean that we might see one in Germany in the future??
That would be really awesome.

Wonder what scale it would be, Kirnu, Insane or something completely different??

oriolat2

Giga Poster
From what I have read on Spanish forums, it would be a model similar to Insane (if not a clone). I am glad to see this happening but I am a bit concerned about safety. Not for the restraints, but because of the structure. I don't know; I can't picture one of these huge models without proper foundations...

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I am exactly the same in thinking as yourself. To me, I really don't think it would look that safe as a travelling coaster. Maybe the Inferno/Kirnu model, that wouldn't look too bad but an Insane version, nah. Pass thanks.

I love travelling fairs, but there's still certain rides I won't ride due to the 'look' of safety.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just out of curiosity and because I can't actually be bothered to go and search it.

How long do Spanish fairs tend to last? Are they like the UK ones in which they last a few days or are they like the German fairs that last weeks?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Im sure since it would be a temporary attraction they could do a support structure that is a little less top heavy.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
Just out of curiosity and because I can't actually be bothered to go and search it.

How long do Spanish fairs tend to last? Are they like the UK ones in which they last a few days or are they like the German fairs that last weeks?

Depending on the fair, but La Feria de Abril lasts about 2 weeks or so.

Tim

Roller Poster
It'd probably be fine even with the same structure seated on a rectangular base, to be honest.

The only forces are lengthways along the structure, which is the longest footprint dimension. There are no mechanical lateral forces at all because the vehicle only goes back and forth.

I doubt it'd have be changed much in design really, save for a base of beam girders and maybe a new bolting system that's quicker to build

An excellent coaster style for travelling fairs... no so much massive theme parks with tens of thousands in attendance

A

Anonymous

According to the word that is going around on the ECC mailinglist, which is based on talks with Intamin), then this isn't an Intamin at all, but some clone type deal...