What's new

New clothes

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Don't believe I ever have, but not sure! Most of my clothes come from theme parks and concerts so I usually wear the new clothes the next day!

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
I've never even thought about it to be honest. A lot of stuff i get is from online so not sure anyone would have had the chance to try it on beforehand.

Although if your in a shop i suppose there is a chance someone has already tried on that same shirt or jeans, would the vendor wash them if someone had tried on and not purchased? I know Topman and some other places take the clothes you've tried from you if you don't want to buy them.

Unless it smells dodgy I wouldn't bother, and i don't think i ever have

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nah, not at all. I don't even iron new formal shirts after I've taken them from the packaging and removed all of the numerous clips and bits of card.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Always wash them.

More of something the wife does before I get a chance to wear them, but they typically just go straight to the washer, unless it is a concert shirt.

If it's from a normal store, usually not. But, obviously if I get it from a second hand shop, I wash it. I don't feel like getting crabs.

peep

CF Legend
Ian said:
Nah, not at all. I don't even iron new formal shirts after I've taken them from the packaging and removed all of the numerous clips and bits of card.
Omg the silly amount of rubbish in shirt packaging really annoys me, you can spend a good 20 mins just trying to find all the little bits and pieces.

I don't tend to wash them either, we have a history in our house of clothes being ruined (shrinking etc) by being put in the wash so I have to make sure I get at least one day of wear out of them.