What's new

New Boats for Congo River Rapids at AT

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It appears Alton Towers are testing a new boat design on their Congo River Rapids ride. These boats look to have doors and high back bars, and possibly seatbelts. Maybe this could mean a safe return of the waterfalls on the ride?
38742245_2056890277714739_1301812902474285056_n.jpg

38708069_2056885454381888_1682512352550846464_n.jpg

38697919_2056885594381874_2565492040162869248_n.jpg

Photos by TowersStreet.

Will

Strata Poster
Slow news day is slow - though as an aside, I hadn't realised that's why I hadn't seen the waterfalls running in a while. I assumed that was a Merlin 'maintenance' thing

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
At the start of the season one of Rumba Rapids boats was up at Towers will all the different bars on it. Guessing they've been working with Drayton, Thorpe, H&S and Intamin to get the Rapids new safety protocols after the Drayton incident.

stuart

Roller Poster
It appears Alton Towers are testing a new boat design on their Congo River Rapids ride. These boats look to have doors and high back bars, and possibly seatbelts. Maybe this could mean a safe return of the waterfalls on the ride?

Great news. Hopefully the ride will get some of its excitement back soon.

Pretty sure this could've gone into the small news part..?

As a casual reader of this forum, I have to say that your posts come across as rude and unfriendly. It's really not surprising that the forums are as quiet as they are these days.

Lofty

CF Legend
The '..?' was 'I think'. I'm not rude or unfriendly, I just quick post - there's a difference.

stuart

Roller Poster
The '..?' was 'I think'. I'm not rude or unfriendly, I just quick post - there's a difference.

OK, whatever you think it is, it comes across as rude and unfriendly. I read a post the other day where you were complaining about the overuse of ellipses. That's not just quick posting, it's being pissy for no reason.

It doesn't make me feel like posting much so I guess it has the same effect to others. I'm just saying, it's up to you if you take it on board or not!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sorry but I cannot remember for the life of me commenting about the use of ellipses in the past few days nor weeks. I'm not going to take anything on board from someone who's actively popped up out of nowhere to complain about me being rude, it's absolutely no skin off of my nose if you'd like to take offence at what I type.

I am to the point, I can be blunt, but I also offer insight and progress discussion throughout the forums. So if you don't like my posting style, feel free to hide my posts within the settings of the forum because quite frankly, I won't be changing any time soon.

stuart

Roller Poster
I'm sorry but I cannot remember for the life of me commenting about the use of ellipses in the past few days nor weeks. I'm not going to take anything on board from someone who's actively popped up out of nowhere to complain about me being rude, it's absolutely no skin off of my nose if you'd like to take offence at what I type.

I am to the point, I can be blunt, but I also offer insight and progress discussion throughout the forums. So if you don't like my posting style, feel free to hide my posts within the settings of the forum because quite frankly, I won't be changing any time soon.

It's just unusual for a forum staff member to be so hostile and I'm sure there are many readers/lurkers that might pop out of nowhere to engage in the conversation if it felt more welcoming. Thanks for the tip, I'll hide your posts and continue lurking.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
It's just unusual for a forum staff member to be so hostile and I'm sure there are many readers/lurkers that might pop out of nowhere to engage in the conversation if it felt more welcoming. Thanks for the tip, I'll hide your posts and continue lurking.

There are dozens of threads you could have been contributing to instead of continuing this argument. If I don't like a particular member, I don't tend to engage with them.
Have a look at the other threads and get involved there! We all get along with different people, so just interactwith those ones :emoji_wink:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

You don't exactly have a track record of being a friendly member though do you. Not that I can say much, but I'm recently trying not to be rude, unless if I'm provoked.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know the addition of new boats on Congo River Rapids is hardly the most exciting thing in the world, but do we really have to keep this topic derailed? Let's all stop getting so butt-hurt.

On topic: New boats. Yaaaay... ...?

Lofty

CF Legend
You don't exactly have a track record of being a friendly member though do you. Not that I can say much, but I'm recently trying not to be rude, unless if I'm provoked.
PM'd you :)

I miss the orange boats.
normal_past_oldboatsrapids01.jpg
They were faaaaab. They felt so open and the space at the back of the head let a surprisingly spiteful bit of water in ha.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I'll try and drag this topic back on, er, topic:

So I guess this explains why there have been fewer than normal boats on the rapids this year! Hopefully it'll be a collaboration between Alton, Thorpe and Drayton (and I guess Intamin?) to get the boat right for the UK market. Are there any other similar rapids rides in the UK? Legoland has one but from memory the sides of the boat are much higher

mouse

Giga Poster
Forgive me for not keeping up with the news, but have safety regulations for River Rapids changed in light of the accident at Dreamworld? Have Alton updated the boats to meet a new legal requirement or is this just a general upgrade?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Forgive me for not keeping up with the news, but have safety regulations for River Rapids changed in light of the accident at Dreamworld? Have Alton updated the boats to meet a new legal requirement or is this just a general upgrade?
I don't think it was because of the accident at Dreamworld, but the one at Drayton Manor. That was also when they turned off the water fall and had life guards across the ride (which I think have disappeared already, because staff=money). Though I think it's just a general update to ride safety.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I'd have said it would've been Drayton as opposed to Dreamland. Drayton's incident started the whole life guard tower stint that parks went through in the UK.