What's new

Neusiedlersee | Leonardos Flugmaschine | Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Re: Gerstlauer Sky Fly for Neusiedlersee

Ooo. that is interesting. They are awesome rides too. I believe this ios Darren's favourite park, and not too far from Vienna

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Familypark Neusiedlersee | unknown | Gerstlauer Sky Fly

The ride has now been officially announced as Leonardos Flugmaschine.

Here is the official Park press report (I left it in German, since google translate doesn't really cope well with translating German text to English):

Die neue Attraktion 2015:
Leonardos Flugmaschine
St. Margarethen, 21.1.2015: 2015 können sich die Besucher des Familyparks auf eine
Entdeckungsreise in die Welt des berühmten Erfinders Leonardo Da Vinci begeben. Bei der
geplanten interaktiven Fahrattraktion – Leonardos Flugmaschine – kann sich der Gast frei
wie ein Vogel fühlen. Mit einer Flughöhe von bis zu 22 Metern geht es hoch hinaus und
man bestimmt selbst ob es ein entspannter Rundflug oder ein waghalsiges Abenteuer
wird.
In der Themenwelt Abenteuerinsel, unmittelbar nach den Fliegenden Fischen, soll die
historische Zeit der Renaissance zum Leben erweckt werden. Auf der Piazza Da Vinci
wandelt man auf den Spuren Leonardo Da Vincis. Der Traum vom Fliegen war auch seine
große Leidenschaft. In Leonardos Flugmaschine wird es möglich sein, diesem Wunsch ein
Stück näher zu kommen.
Leonardos Flugmaschine
Die von der renommierten deutschen Herstellerfirma Gerstlauer Amusement Rides
angefertigte Attraktion besteht aus einem Hauptmast und einem darauf querliegenden Arm.
An dessen Ende befindet sich der Gondelträger mit 12 Einzelsitzen in Form von Leonardos
Flugapparaturen. Nach Beginn der Fahrt hebt sich der Arm in einer drehenden Bewegung um
den Hauptmast in die Luft und bringt die Gondel auf eine Höhe bis zu 22 Metern, danach
sinkt er wieder in die Tiefe. Die Drehgeschwindigkeit beträgt dabei bis zu 6,5 Umdrehungen
pro Minute.
Mit Hilfe der seitlichen Steuerflügel kann jeder Fluggast seine Gondel eigenhändig steuern
und je nach Laune und Geschick seitlich schwingen lassen bis hin zum Überschlag, wenn er
das möchte. Dank dieser individuellen Steuermöglichkeit eignet sich Leonardos
Flugmaschine sowohl für vorsichtige Entdecker als auch für mutige Flugakrobaten.
Piazza Da Vinci
Eingebettet wird Leonardos Flugmaschine in eine authentisch gestaltete Umgebung auf der
Piazza Da Vinci. Den richtigen Rahmen geben der neuen Attraktion ein mittelalterliches
Aquädukt, mediterrane Vegetation und Gebäude im Stil einer italienischen Stadt zu Da Vincis
Zeiten.
Neben ersten Flugmaschinen gehen aber noch viele weitere Erfindungen auf den alten
Meister zurück. Einige dieser Errungenschaften wird man ebenfalls in Modellen rund um die
Piazza bewundern können, zB Holzkräne und Schaufelbagger. In einer zweiten Bauphase (voraussichtlich 2016) ist auf der Piazza Da Vinci eine Dorfzeile
mit einem neuen Gastronomiebetrieb geplant.
„Die wunderbare Welt des Leonardo Da Vinci passt perfekt in unsere Abenteuerinsel. Auf der
Piazza Da Vinci können wir dieser mediterranen Themenwelt eine weitere Hauptattraktion
hinzufügen. Dank ihrer Interaktivität spricht Leonardos Flugmaschine ein breites Zielpublikum
an. Der Rundflug ist für kleine und große Gäste des Parks gleichermaßen geeignet und erfüllt
damit unseren Anspruch, eine Attraktion für die ganze Familie zu sein“, freut sich
Parkdirektorin Ulrike Müller über die für 2015 geplante Fahrattraktion.

329906d1421969202-2015-neuheit-skyfly-kiddieracer-gerstlauer-familypark-neusiedler-osterreich-csm_leonardos_flugmaschine_skizze_d1f4ac1895.jpg

The artwork makes it look really neat. I just love the theme, since I kind of prefer rides to be themed after something real, rather than some complete work of fiction. I hope it will turn out just as good as it seems on the pic.

source: http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/coas ... reich.html

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Neusiedlersee | Leonardos Flugmaschine | Gerstlauer Sky

That does look fab! I like the custom wings on the ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

That's an absolutely PERFECT theme for this type of ride. Genius!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Aye, lovely theme. I like it when a ride fits the theme effortlessly.

Gerstlauer should stop building over the top coasters like Smilier and concentrate on the bobsleds and flat rides because that's what they're best at IMO.

Darren B

Giga Poster

This little park is amazing! And this is a fantastic addition to their lineup. Apart from a tilting drop tower they don't have a flat ride that fits into the thrill category. Sky Flys are amazing too.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Sky Fly has now opened and it looks just as awesome as it does in the project art. :D

11081326_10205013866479716_493488833988107803_n.jpg

10625005_10205013866559718_2202515664872672544_n.jpg

11080917_10205013883400139_8147090919514455_n.jpg

11121133_10205013884200159_2271814847348751294_n.jpg

Source

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

That looks really good! Seriously impressive theming.

peep

CF Legend

That is beautiful. I love the effort that has gone into theming what was already a fantastic ride choice.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This looks great!

With all their recent developments, I think this is a park to keep an eye on.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

I have never ridden one of these and I really want to. They look fab <3

The theming on this one though, it is stunning. I have never been to the park so I have no idea what else is in this area, was the colosseum already there? If it has been installed just for this ride, they get a 10/10 for effort from me! Excellent stuff.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ I guess it was built new, but I'm not exactly sure. Maybe someone who has been to the park in the past can give more insight on it. :)

Lofty

CF Legend

That is by far the best I've seen yet.

ignace

Mega Poster

TilenB said:
^ I guess it was built new, but I'm not exactly sure. Maybe someone who has been to the park in the past can give more insight on it. :)

It is new. Funny how my boyfriends pictures appeared on this forum.

The ride itself looked even better in real life, and we got the chance to get the first public ride ever (our visit was the first day of the season).

The park is amazing, very friendly staff and landscaping. We visited the park during a 4-day trip to Vienna. Public Transport to the Familypark is not easy or cheap, but we managed to do it.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^Cool. Me and my parents are doing a very similar trip at the end of May. I know it's a bit off topic, but how was Rattenmuhle?

ignace

Mega Poster

CookieCoasters said:
^Cool. Me and my parents are doing a very similar trip at the end of May. I know it's a bit off topic, but how was Rattenmuhle?

I expected a really smooth ride (Maybe I'm not a smart man) but it's not. Some turns are extremely bumpy. Apart from that, it is Okay - A better coaster when compared to the Tripsdrill/Djurs model, but not as good as the one in Klotten.

The station building (damn I'm bad at English, should read more coasterforce) is amazing though. In the queue there's a "toilet" with a ladder in, which takes you to a crawl space under and over the station. One of the many amazing details in this park.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

ignace said:
CookieCoasters said:

I expected a really smooth ride (Maybe I'm not a smart man) but it's not. Some turns are extremely bumpy. Apart from that, it is Okay - A better coaster when compared to the Tripsdrill/Djurs model, but not as good as the one in Klotten.

The station building (damn I'm bad at English, should read more coasterforce) is amazing though. In the queue there's a "toilet" with a ladder in, which takes you to a crawl space under and over the station. One of the many amazing details in this park.

That's a shame. Is it rough or just violent because I tend to be okay with the latter? Wasn't expecting it to be as good as the one at Klotten; that one is amazing. At least you liked the park a lot.

Anyway, I'm glad they've got the new skyfly because it gives them another thrill ride for me to enjoy and as everyone else has said, the theming looks great!