What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Brookes

Giga Poster
Alton's Facebook page is rammed with comments about this, most complaining about the effect the closing of the Skyride during off-peak times would have on wheelchair users.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, as Martin said, they're not doing bad, at all really, in fact, they're doing very well. BUT, everyone in the business is making cutbacks in some way or other, this is just one of those sad cases.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Skyride was closed on weekdays this time last year, and they were running fewer monorail trains too. It's nothing new.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, they've opened the Skyride to appease the people complaining about it being shut. They have to make cuts somewhere, so they'll have just shifted improvement budgets into operational budgets. ;)

A

Anonymous

Sub terra is currently closed for an "upgrade" if you check Towers times there is a photo. A shipping container has been added to the edit for what is believed to be a mini scare maze.
There is also a chance of the ride sequence being redone.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If that is true, then its good to hear that they have been listening to the criticism, and even better that they are acting on it. BUT, for a park like Alton Towers, this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

And Ethan, stop talking ****.

From TT:

AtkVbtZCEAEQKlI.jpg

I really hope they can get it right this time.

Lofty

CF Legend
It is true that it's going to be a "Semi-Scare Attraction" ending. It's a nice little addition to the end, I hated that whole "RUN for your lives" type of ending. It just looks ****. Hopefully, this will actually have a good solid ending and the story will become a lot more apparent throughout.

Lofty

CF Legend
They also retain smoke well too. Plus, it fit's with the theme of what's going to happen in that new room. So it's all good.

Brookes

Giga Poster
For me the ending was the problem with this ride, it just wasn't a proper ending. Hopefully this'll change that, third time lucky eh...