Which do you prefer?

• Nemesis' helix

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Rita's launch

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ I agree with this 100%, The Nemesis helix is the mother of helix`s, Rita`s launch for me is nothing special.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Nemesis' helix is something wonderful. Unfortunatly I voted for Rita before remembering that actually I don't find launches scary anymore...

nadroJ

CF Legend
I don't really dig forces like the ones you get from that helix, they make me feel a bit sicky. Launches though <3 So yeah, Rita's launch.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I don't hide my love for Rita and I have to say that Ritas launch is much better and shocking than Nemesises helix. Sorry but im a Rita fanboy, not a nemesis fayboy.

^You would, as elements, neither float my boat. BUT on Nemmie, the footchopper and power of it is special and excellent on or off the ride. I have ridden Kingda Ka and Rita. 128 vs 62. Yeah.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
blivvies biggest fan said:
^You would, as elements, neither float my boat. BUT on Nemmie, the footchopper and power of it is special and excellent on or off the ride. I have ridden Kingda Ka and Rita. 128 vs 62. Yeah.
Were talking about Nemesis and Rita so I couldn't care less that you've been on Kingda Ka.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^
I think he was just making the point that there are more powerful launches out there, as opposed to gloating.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Why the f*ck is there even a debate on this . Nemy's helix teabags the launch of Rita. The helix is one of the best parts of the ride , entering that insane helix and pulling 4.5g before going through a zero g roll and experiencing no gravity with the amazing terrain and over the station is mindblwoing . Rita's launch is "meh" but its nothing compared to the f*cking UK king of coasters NEMESIS .... that helix is orgasmic. NEMESIS helix wins hands down !!!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, that's certainly one of the most reasoned arguments I've ever seen in my time here ;)

I can kind of see the reason for the comparison, but it's obviously just wrong.

With Rita, the launch is the "setup" to the rest of the ride. The surge of adrenaline from the launch heightens the pretty short and lacklustre layout that follows. Without the launch, Rita is nothing.

However, the helix on Nemesis is part of the overall ride experience, not the major input into it. The helix improves Nemesis as part of the overall ride whole (and it's probably the highlight), but it's still a solid ride with out it.

In terms of forces, they feel completely different so you can't compare them. It's like apple-pie flour vs. cherry-pie cherries.

Mark9

Roller Poster
Nemesis's helix, just because it just seems to feel faster and faster as you go through it whereas Rita just pushes that speed at you immediately.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Nemesis' helix easily, the Rita launch is pretty poor when compared to most things on offer at Towers.