• Nemesis' helix

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Rita's launch

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
Uh, the launch, obviously.

The helix is a great helix, but, a helix isn't better than a launch.

What a random thread, and people are obviously voting for the ride instead of actually comparing the elements, cause you can't vote for Rita for anything just in case it turns you into a girl or something <//3

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
cause you can't vote for Rita for anything just in case it turns you into a girl or something <//3

Lol, what?

A helix is just a helix, but the one on Nemmy is particularly forceful, even more so on the back right seat. Nothing beats it...not even Rita's launch, which by launch coaster standards is probably considered inferior.

Ben

CF Legend
FaceYourNemesis said:
A helix is just a helix, but the one on Nemmy is particularly forceful, even more so on the back right seat. Nothing beats it...

Nothing?

In the entire World?

We have a fanboy, don't we?

STC

Mega Poster
Obviously I prefer Nemesis as a ride, but Intamin Accelerator launches are always brilliant. But Nemmy wins overall, as the rest of Rita is pretty useless.

Won't this be everyone's answer...?

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
FaceYourNemesis said:
A helix is just a helix, but the one on Nemmy is particularly forceful, even more so on the back right seat. Nothing beats it...

We have a fanboy, don't we?

We do? :wink:

In all fairness, I haven't done many coasters with a helix (probably five at best), so don't have much to compare.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Whilst I love Nemesis far more than Rita, I prefer the launch to the helix. As previously mentioned, I believe people are voting for their favourite rides rather than the elements themselves.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I've gone for Nemesis' helix because I find the sustained forces better than the launch. For me personally, the anticipation of the launch and the split second that you actually start the launch are the only bits that I really like! And I actually enjoy Rita.

I know, controversy on Christmas Eve! :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
That helix probally makes Nemesis. The G's arn't THAT strong, but its substained like a wheel of misfortune (Enterprise), so it feels stronger. That combined with passing rocks, footchopping fence, waterfalls makes it visually intense. Its unique. That makes it pretty awesome.

Rita's launch is just a... standard launch... Nothing special. Blink and you won't notice it.

Treeis

Mega Poster
With Ritas launch, you brace your self for restraint ear pain.

With Nemeis' helix, you brace your self for AWESOME

Kebab

Giga Poster
Must admit, one of the more stupid comparisons I've come across.

But I'll have to say Rita's launch, it's the only thing good about the ride (apart from the 2-3 pops of air-time). But Nemesis completely kills Rita in comparison, the whole thing is good from the moment you enter the queue until you puke from re-riding it far too much.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ritas launch for me! I don't even remember the helix on Nemesis as being anything special tbh.. And as others have written before me an Intamin hydraulic launch beats most other coaster elements!!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Although Rita's launch really blew me away, I much prefer Nemesis' helix. I love the sensation of spiralling down at increasing speed with those sustained Gs!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It's a tough call. Taken as a while I prefer Nemesis to Rita by a very small margin, but when it comes down to those specific elements, it's a different story.

The helix on Nemesis is incredibly forceful. Unlike most other rides which sustain fewer positive Gs over a longer period, the Nemesis helix just grabs you and rams you down into the seat. It's amazing, but then again it's got the rest of the ride to back it up and round out the experience. Without the wingover before or the dip and zero G afterwards would it still be as amazing? Tough to say.

Rita on the other hand still has the best launch of any accelerator I've ridden. It's a bit too short, but it's incredibly powerful and packs a real punch. The bigger accelerators may sustain the force for longer, but they feel weak by comparison. And I'm definitely a sucker for accelerator coasters.

I think Rita's launch just wins out here.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
On its own, a launch is preferable to a helix, but that's not the question being asked!
Comparing these elements on these two specific rides, means that the rest of the ride does indeed matter. The force that you feel at Nemesis's helix is a result of the forces built up throughout the whole ride.

For me, Stealth's launch is far superior to Rita's, making it nothing particularly special, whereas Nemesis takes the helix and smashes it! No competition!