What's new

Nanchang, China | Viper | GCI Wooden Coaster

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
nans13.jpg

Is that a trick of the light or is that a weird wobble in the track here?

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's a pretty solid starting lineup of coasters for a new park, two great complimentary coasters and a few fillers. That Intamin mega should be tons of fun going over those airtime hills.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
"Viper's" english translation is apparently Python in Bamboo Forest (which is so much better). And the entrance...

CheBFMiW4AAgJ7d.jpg

<3

I think the intamin has an even better name - Havoc in Heaven Palace! The SLC impersonator is called Soaring Dragon & Dancing Phoenix. Wanda Nanchang wins.

EDIT: More images as it seems the park is now open. Couldn't see a thread for the park. Looks great though :)

b44a2626gw1f3grg59b97j20zk0qoakv.jpg

006aSHQLjw1f3g1sun1zpj31kw2dcwn8.jpg

006aSHQLjw1f3g1swsge6j31kw11xtg7.jpg

b44a2626gw1f3grg78te7j20zk0qo7dw.jpg

005v11eIgw1f3gx8t7ah4j30qd0zk79y.jpg

005v11eIgw1f3gxe7xgmkj30zy0qodlj.jpg

006aSHQLgw1f3fp58ni6pj30zk0qoq7g.jpg

9fc1d44fgw1f3grfwgu4yj20qo0zkwob.jpg

9fcce3dcgw1f3g055dx11j21i61z8tsl.jpg

7908d63fgw1f3f3arwlr4j22c0340npe.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
Urg I want that Intamin so bad.

The park, for a park that just opened, looks pretty nice tbh. I already said it seems to have a nice starting ride line up with a nice steel/wood combo, but some of the areas look pretty good. I'm wondering if they're gonna keep working on more theming/landscaping in the future?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Viper(or Python in Bamboo Forest for those who care) has a handheld POV with the prelift:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3OzwSnkM7E[/youtubevid]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX
SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waIDJY9uwE[/youtubevid]
1:50 for POV.

EDIT: The continuous "SEX" was breaking the forums (har har), I've broken it across some lines. Hixee

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The turns will be full of sexy G's, drop looks incredible, but still think it will be floaty.
Cant wait for Gavin to make us all Jel.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Was waiting to make sure the park is open. Will likely go sometime in June.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That POV doesn't really excite me, but I still think the ride looks amazing. :lol: Bear with me...

These big, fast Intamin coasters don't ever look that thrilling in POVs - I think they rely so much on the perception of speed when you're on the coaster. Millennium Force, Superman (SFNE and Darien Lake) and Goliath don't really look that good in POVs as their elements are very drawn out. When you're riding them, this is fine as you're racing along at 60-90 mph and part of the thrill is the speed. For me, once you take that away they don't really ever look that exciting. It's kinda why I305 does look alright in POVs, because it's very low to the ground and twisty.

I think this coaster sits with Millennium Force in that it doesn't really have any highly twisty areas, so it's very hard to get a sensation of speed - which is one of the things that will make this coaster feel exciting in real life.

I do think this looks pretty great, big first drop, lots of airtime hills and a generally long layout, but it's not the most exciting POV I've ever seen. :p

Although I wish they'd just done a normal S-bend hill, that thing just looks awkward and uncomfortable.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
A full train POV has been posted, and it looks even better!

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8MOEeETVY[/youtubevid]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
A POV of the Knock Off SLC is also up:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36Ci74pp_I[/youtubevid]

Wow, this looks like one of, if not the best SLC out there! This has the layout and pacing of a B&M, but is a Knock-Off Vekoma, so who knows. Gavin, please tell us how good this is when you go. :)