What's new

Mundo Petapa | Relámpago | Zamperla Thunderbolt

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I feel like a couple airtime hills or a helix at the end would bump the length to a better duration. Would an airtime hill really cost that much more?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I feel like a couple airtime hills or a helix at the end would bump the length to a better length.
I agree, I do wonder why they didn't include an airtime hill going into the brakes. It's still larger than a Eurofighter 320+ though, yet is still slower and shorter.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Well RCDB has this as a Thunderbolt Layout Three.
Thunderbolt, Rollin' Thunder, and Rapid Train are now Layout One.
Thunderchariot is now Layout Two.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Studying the layout the whole thing rotates to the left and keeps rotating till the end. It's a really weird design choice.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This coaster is so ugly it is offensive to look at. And that excessive hangtime (and that's coming from someone who loves some hangtime) looks not that impressive either.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I guess those coasters will only be popular among smaller parks that cannot afford more expensive manufacturers. For them they might be a good option to add a coaster with inversions to their portfolio and I bet Zamperla counts on that.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
....how much more expensive was a Gerstlauer 320 model?? Clearly significant enough to where THIS thing was their choice, but good lord...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ever since Thunderbolt opened at Luna Park and people reviewed it so negatively, I've wondered why these still sell at all. This ride doesn't help with that thought. As previously stated, is this that much cheaper than a small Eurofighter?

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Judging by some of these pics, this park seems to be one of those Zamperla package/showcase parks where like half of the rides and all new ones are Zamperla in which case it has to be significantly cheaper. For those parks if not anybody else, this must prove a cheaper alternative.