What's new

Movieland Park | Diabolik Invertigo | Vekoma Invertigo

TilenB

Strata Poster
According to screamscape and rcdb, the former SFA's coaster will be re-built in Movieland Park in Italy. It will become the second operating European Invertigo and the first boomerang-style coaster in Italy.
Some parts are already onsite.

http://rcdb.com/11532.htm

2014 - Vekoma Invertigo - On Site - (10/21/13) I’m told that the former Invertigo coaster from Six Flags America once known as Two-Face: The Flip Side will reappear in Movieland Park for 2014. The parts and pieces are already on site and can be seen by clicking here.

1378288_227333754109114_687517299_n.jpg

1383562_227333767442446_1619525599_n.jpg

1391558_227333700775786_254218736_n.jpg

Nic

Strata Poster
Re: Two-Face to re-appear in Movieland Studios.

Fab! I need an excuse to go back there. So much copyright infringement <3

Any idea which part of the park this is heading for?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ You might want to re-examine your life if you use a Vekoma Invertigo as an excuse to travel. :wink:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I agree with Nic - any excuse to go back is a good one, even a Vekoma Invertigo. The park also really needed another cred and can't afford anything new, so why not this? I want to know what movie it will be themed to.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I love this park; it is like the giant scrapyard where each ride that is doomed goes to.

Hey, but that's a good thing. They have a very unique ride/attraction line-up, and this is no different. I rode Stinger at Dorney Park and found it quite good for a boomerang ride. Nothing too exciting but certainly unique, due to the seating arrangement.

Nic said:
So much copyright infringement <3
:lol: :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Two-Face to re-appear in Movieland Studios.

I actually really liked this park and am pleased they are getting this.

Loved the drop tower best one I've been on.

tks

Strata Poster

As if we needed an excuse to go back to Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, Movieland, MOVIELAND!!!

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Re: Movieland Park | Unknown | Vekoma Invertigo

I realize that Movieland can only afford an already used ride, but it bugs me that these days Vekoma just doesn't build any more Invertigo or Giant Inverted Boomerang coasters. If a park wants one, it has to be relocated. C'mon vekoma!

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
I realize that Movieland can only afford an already used ride, but it bugs me that these days Vekoma just doesn't build any more Invertigo or Giant Inverted Boomerang coasters. If a park wants one, it has to be relocated. C'mon vekoma!
It's not Vekoma's fault, that they have not built a new Inverted boomerang, in a long time the park's want them cheaper like Silverwoods, Aftershock the people who had the ride at the time, pretty much sold it off to them.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

If they didn't pretty much suck, then parks would be less likely to be removing them, and then parks would have to buy new instead of used.

(Suck, relative to newer, less maintenance nightmare rides.)

andrus

Giga Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
They don't? http://rcdb.com/10837.htm

I would personally love to see a GIB but with the same face to face seating as the invertigo models! I don't know why but all of the invertigos (and all other boomerangs) I've been on have been rough, but the only GIB I've ridden (Goliath SFNE) was glass smooth :? Don't know why. But I guess the invertigo models would be pretty good just if they where a bit smoother!

Jake

Strata Poster
Re: Movieland Park | Skyline | Vekoma Invertigo

There was also this bad boy built in 2011:

http://rcdb.com/9564.htm

No new Boomerangs or Invertigos for donkey's, though. I think it's because although the GIBs have had their issues, Invergitos have been a lot more spiteful on the whole. Plus, you might as well go all out and get a GIB if you're going to bother.

Regular Boomerangs are actually very reliable, there are just so many of them that a park somewhere is always getting rid of one, so less developed parks snap them up instead of forking out for a new one.

To be honest, I thought this Invertigo had gone to the scrap heap. Meh.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Same company that are installing the three others this year. They obviously bought them in bulk, so take them out of the equation, and yes, it's been ages.

The relocations are irrelevant since people were asking specifically about new boomerangs.

Jake

Strata Poster

Oh, I guess with the volume they wanted it made sense to buy them new. If you just wanted one you wouldn't bother...