What's new

Mouthwash

AJ

Giga Poster
Do you use it?

I tend to use it twice a day, before I leave for work and before I go to bed. But this is just habit, I assume.

Hows abouts yous lot? Do you even use it?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I do sometimes. I always keep some "in stock" in case I feel I have really horrid breath that even teeth cleaning can't help with. Every little helps some times.

It's not regular though. I went to my dentist after 13 years of not going and only needed 1 filling. The dentist didn't even send me for a scale and polish due to "exceptional dental hygiene". So I don't think it's needed to prevent plaque build up and the like. I just brush twice a day, but absolutely no matter what.

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm rarely use it. We keep getting these aweful ones that taste manky and make my mouth manky. Unless we get that one where it's got that oil type stuff in another colour or Corsodyl or sommat.

Edward M

Strata Poster
It's always just in my cabinet. I rarely use it. I just not only find it useless but the taste is god awful.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just waiting for Joey to come in... "Your mouth is constantly sweating and making ick all the time! You need to brush, with a yard broom and hydrochloric acid, four times a day or you're a disgusting human being. Mouthwash just covers the disgusting gobmank and doesn't solve the problem - you foul slobs!" ;) :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I occasionally use it, so always keep a bottle at the ready. Notably before any romantic occasions or after a full night of drinking. I tend to find that my breathe smells absolutely terrible later on in the day after I've used it though, not quite sure why.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Every night after brushing my teeth before going to bed.

I also floss every day & brush in the morning and at night. My dental hygiene is pretty dope.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If it's on offer and I'm feeling flush then I'll treat myself to a bottle, otherwise, nah, cba with it.

Nic

Strata Poster
I use it for about a week after going to the dentist and being moaned at about not cleaning between my teeth or some ****. Then it just sits on the shelf doing nothing until the next time I go to the dentist, when I have to buy another one anyway, because the last bottle has been there for years.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Use it in the morning, but then I only brush my teeth in the morning. A family friend who's a dentist convinced me that twice a day is actually bad for you. Don't have any fillings so must be doing something right!

marc

CF Legend
^Was also told the same thing by a dentist who's a family friend. Too much brushing removes the enamel off the teeth so that was his reason.

I have one filling but that was actually due to breaking a tooth trying to strip the end off a wire :(

tks

Strata Poster
Thanks for sharing that gripping filling story there Marc!

And yes twice daily after brushing.

Jools

Giga Poster
The perfect trolly dolly should always have good breath and a sparkly smile... however I do need my teeth whitened again, too much coffee, juice and smoke abuse.