What's new

Motiongate | Dubai | Theme Park

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Some pictures of the Hunger Games Capitol Bullet Train Coaster (Mack launch) testing have been posted to Screamscape:-

DJNp07VXcAAq3wB.jpg:large

Screamscape page:- http://screamscape.com/html/dubai_parks_-_resorts.htm#Motiongate

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering when this thing would show up again!

Looks pretty meh though tbh. Not sure which looks more dull though, this or Star Trek :/

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Mack launches are so damn weak, is there even one good one out there?
Apart from the launch, that doesn't look too bad, certainly looks better than Star Trek imo.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I think it’s a really good ride. The launch is slow but the airtime up the spike at the start is amazing. Particularly in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
I have to agree that it's much better looking than Star Trek. Shame about the (lack of) theming though, however the layout looks really fun. Definitely appears to be faster onside than on the offride video posted earlier on this page!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
The que line is pretty well themed. I’m there on Sunday so will post some photos of the q etc

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found a great POV of Capitol Bullet train, by the one and only TPR!
I could easily see a clone of this going somewhere. It's got the perfect layout.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Two things to say about the video

A) There's no Blobb so if you use AdBlock your fine
B) Is the rattle coming from the camera mount or the train itself?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
How meh.

The amount of missed opportunities for theming around the outside section is sad. The coaster looks pretty boring as well.

Ethan

Strata Poster
How meh.

The amount of missed opportunities for theming around the outside section is sad. The coaster looks pretty boring as well.

Whilst I agree that the (lack of) theming is sad, I honestly think this coaster looks fun! The spike is apparently pretty fab and I'd say the rest of the layout looks rather snappy, all thing considered. I think if the launches appeared more powerful at the start, people's opinions on it might possibly be quite different.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
It's fun, but not as fun (or complete) as Star Trek. The area has some theming, the coaster less so. Bit disappointing considering the richness of the source material.