What's new

Most valuable yearly passes

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
So as I'm planning to do some travelling through Europe (not per se rollercoaster dedicated), I was looking at what kind of yearly passes are the most valuable inside Europe right now.
I would keep in mind revisitability of the more interesting parks (e.g. Europa Park, Phantasialand, etc are parks which you can easily visit multiple days, so having access to those is worth more)
I found out that the Slagharen Pass (cheap in november) gives access to all Paques Reunidos parcs (even multiple visits for the nearby parks). Although the management could be bad, some of their parcs are close to other interesting locations, which makes them nice to add to a trip. (They also give access to multiple non-themepark attractions)
Europa Park and Phantasialand have a more expensive pass, but give you access (at least once) to the more valuable parcs (To eachother, but also to Liseberg, Portaventura and Efteling) (and some reduction to other parcs).
So having those two passes let's you ride almost half of the relevant rollercoasters (slightly exagerated obviously) in Europe for about 250 euro.

But I'm wondering what passes are valuable as well and am I missing?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Agreed on the Slagharen pass, cheap and useful for entry into many other parks. The Plopsa Pass is well worth getting as well for entry into the Plopsa parks, Holiday Park and large discounts at numerous others, including 50% off Phantasialand.

I hear ECC membership is good as well but haven't looked into it myself.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Agreed on the Slagharen pass, cheap and useful for entry into many other parks. The Plopsa Pass is well worth getting as well for entry into the Plopsa parks, Holiday Park and large discounts at numerous others, including 50% off Phantasialand.

I hear ECC membership is good as well but haven't looked into it myself.
Yeah, Plopsa pass proved to be really useful when I visited that part of Europe. It has a 40 to 50% discount to pretty much all Benelux parks and also a nice number of German and French parks (in addition to free entry to all Studio 100 parks).

ECC membership is also great value at about 35£ for Mainland Europeans and lasts for 6 issues of the magazine (generally this should be good for 18 months, but my last membership lasted for close to 40 months in the end) and gets you one free entry per season to each of the Parks&Resorts Scandinavia parks and some nice discounts to a number of other European and American parks.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, Plopsa pass proved to be really useful when I visited that part of Europe. It has a 40 to 50% discount to pretty much all Benelux parks and also a nice number of German and French parks (in addition to free entry to all Studio 100 parks).
The Plopsa pass has been insanely good value for money. At a cost of around 90 euros, even if you're only visiting a single Plopsa park, if you're planning on visiting a few other major parks in the region, it can easily pay for itself, just with the discounts you can get pretty much everywhere else.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
The Plopsa pass has been insanely good value for money. At a cost of around 90 euros, even if you're only visiting a single Plopsa park, if you're planning on visiting a few other major parks in the region, it can easily pay for itself, just with the discounts you can get pretty much everywhere else.
But with 40% reduction you still pay a lot. Let's say 20 euro on average per park. And the PlopsaParks itselfs aren't the greatest (De Panne and Holiday Park are maybe the only ones with some value for anyone up the age of 16).
Also keep in mind that most of the parks you get reduction on have promos, giving an effective reduction of maybe only 15-25% with the plopsa pass
I think the Walibi pass gives more reduction for the same parks and is usually cheaper.

Nick13

Mega Poster
I would definitely recommend the Slagharen gold pass if you have plans to visit a few PR parks next year. I bought one in the Black Friday sale last November for around €40 last November and have used it to visit 7 parks in total this season. You also get discounts at various other parks, much like the Plopsa, walibi, etc. passes.