What's new

Most Obscure Coaster you've ridden

Bedholm

Roller Poster
https://rcdb.com/12095.htm
According to CC this has like 5 riders. Probably my favorite completely out of the way credit whoring park though because the free walk through wizard of oz area was awesome. Non American is Disco Twister at Mega Speelstad. I love EDM so any coaster with blaring EDM is amazing

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Haha I'm a bit surprised so few enthusiasts go to the Mexico City parks. Six Flags Mexico is actually a decent park and La Feria is pretty unique.
Because for most Americans... Mexico = scary. The few people I know who have done Mexico City did it with either ACE or TPR. I'm looking into a long weekend trip there next year myself. Flights from Orlando seem to be relatively cheap.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Because for most Americans... Mexico = scary. The few people I know who have done Mexico City did it with either ACE or TPR. I'm looking into a long weekend trip there next year myself. Flights from Orlando seem to be relatively cheap.
Which is unfortunate because Mexico City is quite an awesome place. Hopefully that trip materializes!

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
In terms of numbers, my rarest is a travelling Big Apple that turned up at Edinburgh's Princes Street Gardens about 8 or 9 years ago. But my other rare point coaster is more interesting for me and that's Vikingar at Blackpool. RCDB has removed it but it's still valid on CC.

Mushy999

Roller Poster
I have 30 rare points on Coaster-Count, including 9 points from Bone Shaker at Knowsley Safari Park, 6 from Viper at KSP and 4 points from the Buffalo Coaster that was in Zoomarine in Portugal. Quite proud of having Bone Shaker considering I'm so basic. :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Absolutely nothing. No rare coaster CC points, nothing.

Anecdotally, probably the stuff at Frontier City in Oklahoma City has been the most off the beaten path.

Matt N

CF Legend
My most obscure coasters are probably the three I rode at Oakwood. I'm not on Coaster-Count, but if I was, does anyone know how many rare points I would get for Megafobia, Speed and Treetops?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^None, I think. Zero. Nada. Squat. You're gonna have to go a lot rarer and a lot further than that to get some rare points kiddo. I hear Afghanistan has got a few big scorers?
Either that or go back in time and pick up a load of defunct stuff. :p

Matt N

CF Legend
^None, I think. Zero. Nada. Squat. You're gonna have to go a lot rarer than that to get some rare points kiddo. Either that or go back in time and pick up a load of defunct stuff. :p
I haven't ridden it, but does Pteranodon Flyers at IOA have any rare points associated with it?

Other than that, I guess I'll have to go a bit rarer; maybe I could try and convince my parents to visit the Fun Spots in Orlando and Kissimmee when we go to Florida in April?

TilenB

Strata Poster
My most obscure coasters are probably the three I rode at Oakwood. I'm not on Coaster-Count, but if I was, does anyone know how many rare points I would get for Megafobia, Speed and Treetops?
Yeah, they all have around 400 riders each. To score any rare points, the coaster needs to have 100 riders or less.

Just looking at it, 31 of my 45 rare coasters have been done on a day trip from my house. Just shows how obscure of a place I live in comparision to other enthusiasts. :p

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I haven't ridden it, but does Pteranodon Flyers at IOA have any rare points associated with it?

Other than that, I guess I'll have to go a bit rarer; maybe I could try and convince my parents to visit the Fun Spots in Orlando and Kissimmee when we go to Florida in April?

Although Pteranodon Flyers is a pretty spiteful cred, it’s still at a very major, highly visited park and enough people will have been with kids and/or been a lucky bastard, so that won’t be rare.

The Fun Spots (even Kissimmee) are still not obscure enough, because they’re still in the very popular general Orlando area of Florida. The only rare cred I have in Florida (1 point) is way up in Jacksonville, so quite out of the way of anything interesting really. If you’re curious, have a look on CC and get a feel for the sort of things that count as rare (ridden by less than 100 users). If you want rare creds, have a look at some of the ****e in the UK and maybe find something that has opened quite recently or is quite far out of the way (a burden when you’re only 15, I know).

My most obscure coasters (going by CC) are Wild Mouse that closed at Playland in Vancouver in 2008 (a year after my visit) and a Danish travelling coaster owned by Nordisk Tivolipark

Howie

Donkey in a hat

I haven't checked, but I suspect anything in Orlando won't be anywhere near rare enough.
I can just imagine the conversation in your house: "Mum, Dad, screw Florida, can we go on a theme park road trip in the Middle East instead? I want some rare points so I can be like my geeky goony internet friends". :D

I suppose you could try talking them into visiting Neverland Ranch, some proper exclusive creds there. Young lad like yourself, you might get lucky...

(There you go Matt - now that's the kind of comment that can get you banned from a forum!) ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
According to CoasterCount, my rarest (and the only rare creds I have) are the two operating coasters at Kongeparken in southwest Norway. Neither Svalbard-ekspressen nor Bukkerittet appear to be commonly visited, probably because the park nowhere near anything a coaster enthusiast would be interested in visiting. It's out of the way no matter where you want to go, so it's not a park you would include in a trip.

Matt N

CF Legend
Thanks for the rare coaster advice, guys! In hindsight, I think I'm better off having ridden the credits I have than having ridden some rarer stuff. I reckon I might be better off searching for obscure creds once I've left home.

My best chance while I'm still at home is if Folly Farm add a coaster into that vintage funfair of theirs; my family likes visiting Folly Farm, and I'd guess that not many enthusiasts go there.

And @Howie, I don't think "theme park road trip" would be my parents' first thought upon booking a Middle East holiday, unfortunately!

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
When I initially set up an account on Coaster-Count I had some rare points (ten, I think) for a boomerang in a Butlins park in North Wales which only had 14 riders: https://rcdb.com/914.htm

I just went to check and because the coaster was moved to Blue Bayou Dixie Landin' in Baton Rouge where it's had 97 further riders, I now get zero rare points.

Bastards. I may write to my MP to complain about this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
When I initially set up an account on Coaster-Count I had some rare points (ten, I think) for a boomerang in a Butlins park in North Wales which only had 14 riders: https://rcdb.com/914.htm

I just went to check and because the coaster was moved to Blue Bayou Dixie Landin' in Baton Rouge where it's had 97 further riders, I now get zero rare points.

Bastards. I may write to my MP to complain about this.
I was one of those fourteen. I'm also fuming.