What's new

Most Memorable Ride Moment

madhjsp

Giga Poster
First ride on Apollo's Chariot. That was the point where I stopped being afraid of coasters and became fascinated by them.

fishman100

Mega Poster
I remember being terrified as I was on Tatsu, when the seats rotated 90 degrees so we were in "flying position". When the train left the lift hill, I remember seeing all sorts of sights while experiencing "the Six Flags MM moment." That ride was great.

CMonster

Giga Poster
First ride on Cheetah Hunt, after waiting seven hours, I was the twelfth person in line and on the first train loaded on opening day.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Two for me, both night rides in the rain, Megafobia and Nemesis Inferno, words cant describe just how good both of them rides were.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Anyone ever head up the lift on Apollo's Chariot while the fireworks have taken place? Or better yet ─ during the grand finale? I have. It's pretty cool. Best view in the park for this.

dominoes

Mega Poster
The inside drop on Saw. I didn't know it was that steep, and that you would come that close to the spikes. Love it!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Stealth's launch at fright nights will the 'it's only just a dream' voice, Saw's lift hill for the first time, The Swarm's first drop and Shambhala's speed hill.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The airtime on jack Rabbit's double down. Leap the dips lift hill, skyrush's "lift" hill. ( It's more like a launch hill.)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

bmac

Giga Poster
ava1enzue1a said:
Anyone ever head up the lift on Apollo's Chariot while the fireworks have taken place? Or better yet ─ during the grand finale? I have. It's pretty cool. Best view in the park for this.

Twice :D

Other moments:

First ride on Nitro: Getting the butterflies in my stomach over the first drop was one of the freakiest moments for me pre-enthusiast days, it's a shame that I've lost that sensation since then.

Getting pelted with pocket change on Apollos Chariot. Some guy who was sitting front row had his wallet let loose or something, nothing like hearing loud clinking noises all around you and then getting smashed in the face with what you believe is a quarter.

Almost getting hit in the face with a cell phone queuing in line for El Toro.

Getting that elevator ride up to the top of Griffon for the coaster tour at BGW.

The ludicrous amount of airtime that Phoenix had after assuming it was a disappointment. I rode it around noon time in the 1st row, and didn't really get all that much action. After texting a friend and complaining about it he told me to wait until later and then ride in the back and then redo the front row. Never experienced such a drastic change for a roller coaster over the course of a day, it basically went from "okay this isn't bad, but not what it's cracked up to be" to "Laughing my **** ass off due to just how much fun it is."

Obligatory "**** **** **** **** ****" moment on the first air time hill on Skyrush, and then feeling the pain in my thighs set in while waiting for the next train to dispatch.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Dragon Khan. Front row. At night.

Ignoring that it was during their halloween celebrations, that it was running mean after a full warm day, it was just unbelievable.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
X2's first drop is quite frankly a moment that makes you think through everything you have done in your life that made you end up where you are presently, in a 200 ft. vertical drop, floorless kind of way.

bmac

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
X2's first drop is quite frankly a moment that makes you think through everything you have done in your life that made you end up where you are presently, in a 200 ft. vertical drop, floorless kind of way.

and flipping like a plane without one of its wings ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bmac said:
Getting pelted with pocket change on Apollos Chariot. Some guy who was sitting front row had his wallet let loose or something, nothing like hearing loud clinking noises all around you and then getting smashed in the face with what you believe is a quarter.

Reminds me of two when I was a teenager at Blackpool and the Grand National.

One was going up the lift hill and finding a load of loose change roll down the train and land at my feet. It must have come out of the pocket of somebody the ride before. I think there was about £10 in change, which was almost enough at that time to buy an entire sheet of ride tickets (you used to buy sheets of tickets for £15, which would be enough to last you a couple of hours on park - 4 A rides, 4 B rides and 2 C rides :lol: ). I think I chucked almost the entire lot into Paper Boy and Afterburner :)

Second one was waiting to get on the ride. The exit goes down some stairs in the middle of the two queue lines. I suddenly heard a wolf whistle and some Northern Oik yelling "I've not seen a pair like that since I was last at t'greengrocers". I looked down and there was a woman (ancient, she must have been 20 or so) who had "popped out" of her top and was bouncing freely down the steps. She hadn't noticed somehow (I suspect shock from the ride) :lol: