What's new

Most intense coaster

Theydenburg

Roller Poster
Hi I was wondering about intensity on roller coasters and would please like to ask what is the most intense coaster you guys know. Thanks

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Skyrush would probably rank up there - serious airtime and g-forces are woven into that layout.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Skyrush and especially Intimidator 305 are going to dominate this thread, as they should. In fact, I think any mention of other coasters is more because it's no fun if we just name those two than it is anyone seriously thinking those two have challengers.

Snoo

The Legend
Insane at Grona Lund was crazy intense for me. I did not expect it at all which made it even stronger.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think Moonsault Scramble, Tower of Terror(GRC), and Mindbender(WEM) all pulled around 6(?) Gs, which is probably as intense as you'll get.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick. Just to name a few at Cedar Point.

If you're looking into Kings Island, Diamondback, Beast, Banshee, Flight of Fear, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Firehawk will rank up there.

Alton Towers has a few. Smiler (14 inversions dude!), Nemesis, Rita, maybe Th13teen, and Air would go up there as well.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The most intense coaster I've done is Monster in the back seat. The cobra roll was pretty nuts.

Ben

CF Legend
Skyrush, Taron and Eejanaika.

Apparently I love intensity, because they're also my top three.

rob666

Hyper Poster
When I've used my season ticket to death, I can always scare myself one more time by going no handed on the Wild Mouse at Blackpool.
The only ride I have never got bored of.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Voyage and Skyrush are probably the most intense for me. Voyage is so much force wise that a couple rides in and I gotta take a break. Skyrush still makes my hands grab at the handle bars due to the airtime.

Honorable mentions would be:
The B&M Batman clones
X2
Green Lantern: First Flight
Steel Phantom

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I love Taron but it wasn't as in tents as I thought it would be. Don't think Nemesis isn't as in tents as people say it is either. I would say Amanda's Wild Mouse.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I love Taron but it wasn't as in tents as I thought it would be. Don't think Nemesis isn't as in tents as people say it is either. I would say Amanda's Wild Mouse.

Black hole was in a tent. Both Taron and Nemesis are open-air rides. :p

Wonder what the most in-tent coaster in the world is today? Black Hole closed down a long time ago, after all. Are there other in-tent coasters out there?

Lofty

CF Legend
I didn't really find Monster too intense to be fair?

Taron on the back row is especially intense, it's really something else. I'd also chuck in here Magnum Force?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't really find Monster too intense to be fair?
Haven't ridden Monster, but have ridden Raptor - and I kind of agree. Raptor is reasonably forceful, especially the cobra roll when seated in the back row, but I recall thinking that Nemesis, Afterburn and Montu all felt more intense. Afterburn is the one that really sticks in my mind at the moment, as that one is a really powerful invert.

Lofty

CF Legend
Haven't ridden Monster, but have ridden Raptor - and I kind of agree. Raptor is reasonably forceful, especially the cobra roll when seated in the back row, but I recall thinking that Nemesis, Afterburn and Montu all felt more intense. Afterburn is the one that really sticks in my mind at the moment, as that one is a really powerful invert.
Yeah. Exactly - it is forceful, but intense? Not for me, personally. I'd rate Katun, Montu and Nemesis above it.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I don't find Taron that intense, aside from maybe the second launch. I mean, it has plenty of forces and some nice pops of air, and it's an incredibly fun and beautiful coaster. But that intense? Didn't feel that way.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There's not many coasters I've ridden which batter the body with forces so much that it's tough to ride more than a couple of times but the Batman Inverts are up there. Skyrush as well, but it's so good that marathoning it is worth it, even if you struggle the following day. Kumba is very intense too, the Cobra is ridiculous.
Taron I imagine isn't one of those if you just ride it just a few times, but when you experience countless rides in a 1 hr period it takes it's toll.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I found a couple of the B&M's in Florida to be a bit much on my recent trip, most notably Kumba and Montu.
Wildfire also messed me up a bit last summer, though that may have been the ERT mixed with tiredness!

S

SimonSays99

Skyrush is great at forces. In the past also original Thriller in the compression between loop one and two at 6.5 Gs