What's new

Most forgettable coaster you've ridden?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I know I'm not on anywhere near your count, but even after the recent trip to the states, I've looked back like "Did I ride that? I really can't remember..."
To be honest, I'd say around 60% of the coasters in my count are like that. I often don't even recognise them. I'll remember one or two from each park, but that's usually about it.

That said, possibly more in the spirit of the topic, some rides are genuinely very forgettable. One that springs to mind (for some reason - maybe it's not that forgettable) is Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach. I know I've ridden it, I know I've taken some nice pictures of it, I know it's location is lovely, but I can't remember a damn thing about how it rode. Not a single thing.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Antelope at Gulliver's Warrington. Surely the most forgettable woodie in the UK?
I remember it well. Neal and I had to hold the train together as we were going round because the side had come unscrewed!

There are a lot of mediocre woodies that I can't remember well from our US east coast trip a few years ago. I attribute at least some of the forgetfulness to the way we packed too much into that trip though, with very little sleep...things seemed to blur into each other after a while.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
At the risk of being 'that person', when you've ridden as many coasters as I have there's actually loads I just forget about. Like I'll scroll through my Coaster Count and be like oh...that was a thing apparently. A lot of the C&P Six Flags stuff falls into this category. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others in the 500+ gang.

Yeah, I can understand that the topic isn't that interesting if it applies to more than half the coasters you've ever ridden, because of the laws of big numbers alone.

In that case, may I ask what is the most forgettable coaster you've ridden several times on separate occasions? Even if you're in the 500+ gang, there can't be that many coasters you've cared to visit more than once, can there?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Put me down for any of those dull, white-coloured, ACE "classic" wooden coasters that are littered around the East/Mid-West USA. I remember the trip I did a few years ago where I rode so many of the things they blended into one (you could call it "white noise" hahaha) because they were all the same - bland, uneventful and dull. I recall doing my coaster count afterwards and thinking "Did I ride that? It was at the park at the time, I did all the coasters so I must have. Tick box." On those two week cred-intensive trips, there comes a point about two-thirds of the way through when I get fatigue. I'm riding what are generally considered to be good coasters, like Patriot at Worlds of Fun or Wildfire at Silver Dollar City, but I'm so desensitised to the sensations and riding experience, they sort of wash over me. I couldn't tell you what happens of if I liked it or not. I think I prefer short and snappy long weekend trips to big ones nowadays.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Hm. Apparently, it's Wildcat at Cedar Point. I was at Cedar Point when it existed and rode every coaster in the park, so I must have been on it, but I have no memory of it whatsoever.