What's new

Morgawr The Sea Monster at Crealy Adventure Park

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Hmmmm, I was looking go to to Newquay for a few days this summer, this might be a good excuse to tie it all in.

Like Jake I am also spiting this because it's about 6 hours away for one cred. But I'm working on making it actually worthwhile going.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
10WaTT said:
Trago mills has a coaster? Which Trago is that? (my guess is Liskeard)

It's at the Newton Abbot one, been there a couple of years now, a standard big apple coaster. It's set up in part of the car park with red and white road bollardy things around it, looks a mess where it is and there never seems to be anyone on it .. apart from of course the time I rode it for my cred!

Maximus looks tidy, but I'm not really sure how they can qualify saying it's had a complete roman retheme, the tunnel doesn't look at all roman! Looks smarter than it was anyway.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Danzibarr said:
Maximus looks tidy, but I'm not really sure how they can qualify saying it's had a complete roman retheme, the tunnel doesn't look at all roman! Looks smarter than it was anyway.

Apart from the roman statues and the roman pillars around the lion it still gives off a spanish feel to me. Inside the tunnel its just bare wood and the supports holding it up just to inform anyone interested lol.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Can you see right down to the ground or is there an inner 'floor' to the tunnel directly under the track?

Crealy are making a habit of tunnelling over the best parts of their rides, they put a useless tunnel on the main hill of the log flume and now on the first hill of this, both of which let a lot of light in anyway, I think if they'd put a tunnel over the last helix and put some nice lights in there or one of their lion statues it would have been pretty cool.

Anyway it's still a nice effort and good to see some money put back into the ride especially considering it's a small park, so I can't complain too much!

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Danzibarr said:
Can you see right down to the ground or is there an inner 'floor' to the tunnel directly under the track?

I didn't pay too much attention to be honest, but I'm quite sure it just went to the floor.

I actually said why not have the lion somwhere else as you don't see it on the ride and if your not looking left (you leave to the right) as your leaving you miss it, so its in a silly place. I do have to say though for such a small park they have such a nice looking park compared to smaller parks around.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Climb aboard for a low level, high speed slither

High speed .. slither .. that seems rather oxymoronic to me (nice use of a my A in GCSE english there :p )

Doesn't look like it's gunna be anything notable really but am interested to see what it is

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This has made me quite happy tonight.

Cos it's powered. :lol:

EDIT - And it looks like it's the old Venom ride from Camelot.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Just came across this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMQs-dS0So[/youtube]

And on the Crealy Website;

"We apologise that Morgawr Rollercoaster is temporally closed due to engineering problems." Oh dear.

mouse

Giga Poster
The big apple is at Trago mills Newton Abbot
And there are water coasters at woodlands :shock: