What's new

More obscure counting sites?

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
Hello! So, I’ve been trying to find a site to keep track of my creds. At first I was thinking about Coaster Count, but I don’t want to have to put in my full name. Then I was thinking Captain Coaster, but you need a Facebook or Google account to register. I have neither.

So, what are some more obscure sites that also work well? Other than a spreadsheet.

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
I personally don't use it but people give high praise towards LogRide which is a mobile app!
Thanks! Although I probably should have specified I can’t use an app either. I have to get permission from my parents to download an app and they’re pretty strict about that. So it needs to have at least a website version.

If there isn’t anything that’s fine.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Then I recommend VoteCoasters. You can't rate the rides you've done out of 10 or anything, but it's an easy way to track what you've ridden. It doesn't count defunct, SBNO or travelling coasters. And you can have any username you want.

At the end of each year, everyone's lists are put into an algorithm which ranks roller coasters from best to worst in the world. If you don't want to rank your coasters from best to worst, then just put them in any order you'd like - as it has thousands of users I'm sure putting them in a different order that you prefer won't change the outcome of the rankings too much if that's something you're worried about.

If you need a tutorial on how to use it click this link and look for videos by the channel 'coaster bot' which should be at the very top.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster Counter is still up, but hasn't been run by the admin in years (2016 to be exact). However, users are still updating the site with new coasters. It's easy to use and it's not an app, doesn't require social media accounts and you can create an account with just a username and valid email address. So as long as you have an email account you should be good to go.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
You also don't have to use your real real name on C-C? I know people who have fake names and such on the site. You can also mark your account as private so nobody can see your name, if you use your real name

I am a little late to the party on this one, but I have used Logride on the app store for about 2 and a half years. It is free, and doesn't require more than a username and email. It is perfect to lof creds, and is by far the best ranking tool I have come across. It also includes water parks, haunts, and some fairs. You can also read reviews, and rate/review rides yourself. Another cool feature is that you can track trip reports and amount of rides through the site. It is a tad bit tedious if you have a decent amount of credits, much like all logging sites. It is also free, and gets updated about once a year. (New rides/attractions are added as they are announced)