What's new

Monkey Kingdom theme park Beijing

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hopefully this hasn't already been posted anywhere on the forums, I couldn't find anything mentioning it ;]

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals...theme-park-07201106-pg,0,7218902.photogallery

Basically it's a load of concept art for a new theme park proposed to open in Beijing in 2014. It features some highly themed and magical looking lands/rides, including a launched coaster similar to Furius Baco! From the concept art it gives me the idea of a sort of oriental-inspired Efteling kind of place. Looks pretty spectacular though.

Jake

Strata Poster
Begin? They've actually clamped down on the Disney copies a lot since Disney Shanghai was announced...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Exactly. Happy Valley kicked off the trend for highly-themed parks (non of which are anything like Disney) in China almost 10 years ago.

Some of the smaller Chinese parks used to feature Disney characters quite heavily, but those have been disappearing over the last few years as well. The most major park that did that was Beijing Shijingshan, and there's been no sign of "Disney" characters there for at least 4 years.

A

Anonymous

This could be the park that would get the new Intamin "Top-Side" coaster that was written about in the last First Drop. Basically an Wing Rider like Furius Baco but with 4 back to back seats on either side (like the zac-spins, but non spinning I believe)...

Looks really great though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
OMG!!! First Vicky the Viking, now Monkey!!!

All my childhood favourites are being turned into parks and rides! [/swoon]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Wb52XXmts[/youtube]

PIGSY!!!!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd love to see the theming actually come into fruition as the images show. It looks really nice. I love how they've got an Intamin Wingrider (I'm presuming...) themed to monkey's. Baco anyone?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Surely no park would be stupid enough to order something like Furius Baco...?

andrus

Giga Poster
Finally we might get another Intamin wing walker installation :--D The concept art looks really nice too, hopefully this will come to fruition!

A

Anonymous

Not "Wing Rider", but "Top Side"...
4 people back to back on each side of each car.

A

Anonymous

^ In that case, why do people talk about a Wing Rider which isn't confirmed either...

The info about the Top Side comes from Intamin themselves via ECC's magazine First Drop...

Martyn B

CF Legend
There's a difference between discussing something that it could be, and trying to correct someone on what it is, without knowing themself.