What's new

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance?

• Total voters

sirloin

Roller Poster
If I'm to choose a preferred experience of either riding an Intamin gigacoaster or becoming a metallic vegan, then the answer is obvious: Millennium Force.

If I'm forced to pit Millennium Force against the mighty Steel Vengeance, though, the choice becomes much more difficult. I only have one lap on Steel Vengeance from which I can form an opinion, and I happened to ride Millennium Force right afterward, and Millennium Force surprisingly rose to the challenge. It has always been able to do that, however, which surprises me greatly as it comes off as a very bland ride on the surface. Perhaps the significance the ride holds to me seems to give it an edge, but I never used to have a problem ranking other rides above it. A few years back, though, I took a ride on it and rediscovered my original love for the ride, and it hasn't left me since. There's something about how it sustains its speed throughout its layout that compensates for the lack of elemental variety, and the fact that it is so ridiculously huge justifies that design philosophy further.

Steel Vengeance was great and I don't rule out the possibility that it's the best ride at the park, but my one lap on it has left me unable to render a definitive position on the ride. I loved how relentless it was, but I felt like it might have been even better had they actually tried NOT to squeeze as much into it as they could. I think a few sustained drops/high-speed maneuvers that capitalized on just how big it is might have made it a better coaster. Things like the speed bump after the first drop were more distractions than noteworthy experiences. It's still an awesome ride, but I'm not yet sold on it beating Millennium Force (or Maverick).