Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Both Are Good

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Both Suck

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Intricks

Strata Poster
Idk the temp, he just said hot. Since he is hefty, it may have more effect on getting worn out quicker.

As to the seat, ive ridden middle for my first ride ever, closer to the front the 2nd and 3rd time i rode it, and i want to say second to last car or front row of the end car the final time I rode it. The last time was a different ride cause it was during their fright nights, and it was a bit hazy out in some spots...so track may have gotten a bit more slick. Still, force wise (to me) a let down. Raptor that night caused me to be pinned to my seat (no trim, at night, and it was hazy in the rides area :3), something it had never done.

Intricks

Strata Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
Raptor is a tame bs inverted coaster.

Then you have only ridden it when the operators let it be tame. I've had those rides before. The best ride I had was during the frightfest, we were literally the second to last train of the night, and they just let it tear through the track...no trim was initiated at all. I consider it in my top 10 list of intense rides on a coaster. Nothing beats Voyage after they have greased the track and it rained a bit, with a light sprinkle happening, they let go of the trim and you sit in the back seat. A ride has never made me so happy before :3

Since Millennium Force has never given me any form of forceful ride no matter where I have sat in the damn train, I find it a sheer disappointment in my eyes. I expect the ride with the word "force" in it, to basically strap me in and make me its bitch. Did it? No, it was a literal slap on the wrist force wise. I had no issue holding my arms up (when I held them up. First drop still scares the piss out of me) and was able to move my upper body around without any issue. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun ride, but it just doesn't live up to its name, and personally, I don't think it ever has.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
No the trims weren't on. The guy next to me was another enthusiast and was going "HOLY S*** ITS NEVER BEEN THAT CRAZY FOR ME BEFORE!"

I just find most B&M rides tame. But their inverted rides are just sad for me. I dislike well heartlined rides. That's why I really love Arrow loopers and wanted to ride Drachen Fire.

choluby

Roller Poster
I havn't been on either, but, MF looks just like a big happy ride :--D with a touch of thrill but no intensity. On the other hand, I305 looks like the most intense coaster ever without inversions.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
They're entirely different rides... the only thing they share in common is a 300+ foot drop. After that, MF is all about speed and smoothness, whereas I305 sets out to be as intense as it can be and just generally kick your ass.

My personal tastes favor the latter so I vote I305 the better ride, but I could see either point of view. Heck, MF is my #2 so it's not like there's even a gigantic disparity between the two for me.

corathersnc

Roller Poster
Intimidator 305 hands down. I enjoyed both but I305 does have more. Its both smoother and more intense than MF. Those high speed turns and the grey out...amazing. I do wish it had less on the restraints, but the rides are uncomparable.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
Rode MF for the first time since riding I305 last season, and I think I changed my mind. Even with the trim brakes I305 was more intense. MF seemed forceless to me today, for the first time ever. I was kind of sad...

D1993

Hyper Poster
Well Intimidator 305 is my #1 coaster and Millennium is my #3
Theres something about Millennium thats just so awesome. I know lots of people complain about the seemingly 'forceless' ride MF gives after the first drop and overbank, but I was pushed back to my seat the whole ride! its not really force in terms of g-forces, but the speed of the ride just doesnt let up and it keeps on going I think thats what makes it so great. I305 is just insane though. The G-Forces are crazy high, the tunnel vision is wicked, its just a stunning and honestly silencing experience. haha.

All of my family though while still liking I305 alot liked Millennium better. I think it all depends on the person what types of rides they like etc

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I haven't had the chance to ride I305 yet so I won't vote until I have.

But I thought MF was great when I rode it late 2010, the drop was awesome, my eyes were running by the first tunnel every time. It's not designed to be a relentless airtime machine, as was said earlier in the thread, typically Giga layouts spend more time closer to the ground than most Hypers to emphasise the speed. Despite that I experienced a nice dose of floater airtime on the two main hills and on the smaller hill next to the station I was thrown out of my seat no matter where I sat in the train.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
i305 is much more intense. Harder turns and lots of them! The drop is probably the best sensation I have ever felt on a coaster, grey outs are pretty common with most people. I have never experienced any such of it yet..

lond

Roller Poster
I vote for Millennium Force until I have done i305.

I had my first greyout on Millennium Force :)

/// Marcus

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
I have always wanted to ride Milf... it is the ride i have wanted to go on since i can remember, but recently people are saying it sucks.... but can you tell me this, is it better than rides in england (apart from nemesis cos everyone loves that for some reason). I admit that 305 is probably better, but i hate hearing the ride ive been wanting to go on for years sucks, so is that an exaggeration or is it generally a boring, forceless ride, because i find that hard to believe if it is voted the best steel coaster so many times...

Intricks

Strata Poster
It's voted best the same way Bizarro at SFNE is best via the mitch hawker. Lots of people vote for it cause they are idiots and blindly follow a crowd (never been on bizarro, but the mitch hawker is under TPRs sway, so same thing basically).

Millie has become a forceless ride (to me). Ive never experienced anything that everyone else seems to. I say it sucks cause it didn't live up to the expectations that were given to me. The drop is fab and you do feel like you are falling out (I hold on still, white knuckle), but after that, it just seems to hop along til you are back in the station. Ive been on better rides, plain and simple, before AND after Millie.

Plus, the ride is mainly about speed and height, but everyone talks about hreying out on it, so there is apparent forces on it as well. I just dont feel them, so it is a bad ride and the name is highly misleading.

Switching between the hideouts'...