What's new

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway Confirmed for Disneyland In 2022

Edward M

Strata Poster
Very interested to see how this ride turns out at Hollywood Studios first. With it being cloned to Paris and now CA, I imagine that it will be particularly screen heavy. Plus there’s the fast turnaround needed for the FL version (though it’s looking to be delayed past Star Wars Land opening), which should be very convenient for cloning.

As for DL, this sounds like a good investment to revitalize the fairly dated Toontown area.I could see this replacing Roger Rabbit, as that ride is far past its prime and features a barely known character to this current generation. I’m not sure whether this is already happening, but they could possibly add an entrance to Star Wars Land from Toontown that could help a bit with crowd congestion.

Very interested to see how this ride turns out at Hollywood Studios first. With it being cloned to Paris and now CA, I imagine that it will be particularly screen heavy. Plus there’s the fast turnaround needed for the FL version (though it’s looking to be delayed past Star Wars Land opening), which should be very convenient for cloning.

As for DL, this sounds like a good investment to revitalize the fairly dated Toontown area.I could see this replacing Roger Rabbit, as that ride is far past its prime and features a barely known character to this current generation. I’m not sure whether this is already happening, but they could possibly add an entrance to Star Wars Land from Toontown that could help a bit with crowd congestion.
I'm with you on that new entrance near Star Wars Land definitely I do think Anaheim will be screen heavy too

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I could see this replacing Roger Rabbit, as that ride is far past its prime and features a barely known character to this current generation. I’m not sure whether this is already happening, but they could possibly add an entrance to Star Wars Land from Toontown that could help a bit with crowd congestion.

PROPSED-SITE-A.png

Going by this image shown in the article, I think it's safe to say that none of the Toontown rides will be removed for this brand new darkride! Instead, it looks to be replacing some backstage areas - when this was first rumored a year or two back. If only Disney's Hollywood Studios could've done the same... :(:mad:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
PROPSED-SITE-A.png

Going by this image shown in the article, I think it's safe to say that none of the Toontown rides will be removed for this brand new darkride! Instead, it looks to be replacing some backstage areas - when this was first rumored a year or two back. If only Disney's Hollywood Studios could've done the same... :(:mad:
It's replacing a store and backstage areas here. Sad that great movie ride's closed, and now WE ONLY HAVE ONE MAJOR DHS ADDITION FOR 2019 due to them delaying the original Runaway Railway to 2020!

Yh they did say that the Anaheim version is replacing some backstage units that have had its contents relocated to a new location. Also, the Gag Factory is apparently the entrance to the attraction :emoji_thinking:

peep

CF Legend
Looks like the Cali version might get some slight adjustments with a change of story writer...

Should be noted that the Cali version is going to be themed inside a different theatre which might require changes to the story? (I haven't watched a POV, going off how others reacted to the news).

Sounds like people are rather positive about the ride though and the capacity looks very good, exactly what this park needs at the moment.

This looks so cute! I know everyone loved Great Movie Ride for the nostalgic value, but I thought it was kinda meh and this makes so much more sense from a crowd perspective. The dancing room is so cute! I'd love it as a kid and I think I'd really enjoy it even now.