What's new

Merlin Annual Pass Purchaser Age

A

Anonymous

These types of topics do pop now and again but I haven't come across one that answers my question, sorry if theres one down the page somewhere.

So looking on the Merlin annual pass website and theres a term that says: "4. The purchaser of the Annual Pass must be 18 years or over." Seriously? Bit of a stupid question in a sense, but does that mean that I can't buy one myself (me being 15) surely that can't be true?? Or could I get around this problem by buying online? And to make me even more confussed I rang the helpline and some one informed me that the passholder needs to be 16 or 18 and over or some kind of age, like wtf? lol! That last one has got to be wrong??

Last few things, I don't need anything with me part from money when I buy a Merlin annual pass, and the AP office at AT is on the left, right? :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There are several CFers under the age of 18 who have annual passes. They may changed the rules this year, of course. Maybe your parents have to be present when you buy it? You should be able to get one without hassle imo.

And yes, the AP place at AT is on the left as you head through the turnstiles. Try to avoid it first and last thing as the queue can be longer than a drunk walk home.

Mike

Giga Poster
the AP office at AT is on the left, right?

If you're buying the pass first thing, you now have to go and pay on the left kiosks before you get into the park. You get given coupons to get into the park here, and exchange these for your annual pass in the left building once you're in the park.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys guys! :)

But unfortunatly Merlin emailed be back to say you need to be 18 or over to purchase a Merlin Annual Pass. Weather this rule isn't that strict or not I don't know but it's really silly to be honest. They did however say that if I ordered one over the phone or online then as long as parents pay for it you can pick it up yourself.

Since theres a 20% off sale now on and I'm defo going to get one, do you think if I paid for one online with my card, would they know if I was 18 or over? And would I need to take the card I baught it with, with me?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Most likely you would have to take your card with you if you paid online for security stuff...

I'm trying to remember how I got mine in 07... I'm sure I was able to get it by myself whilst just being 17... Maybe it's a recent thing but I guess how strict they are will vary from park to park as such things usually do...

nealbie

CF Legend
I've collected it myself since 2004 when I was 12, pretty sure once you're deemed an "adult" you can.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Must be recent, I've never seen it, I got it myself last year (I'm 16) so they must have brought it in this year. It's really stupid if it has been brought in and they are strict on it.