What's new

'Mega' coaster for Toverland - 2015 (rumour)

Martyn B

CF Legend
So there's rumours flying around the net that Toverland are getting a 'mega' coaster in 2015, and apparently its going to cost €20m.

Screamscape:

2015 - Coaster - Rumor - (6/18/12) I’m not sure I’m buying this rumor yet, but there are a few websites out there claiming that Toverland may be planning a “Megacoaster” for 2015. At this point there is still lots of time for plans to change, so stay tuned while we wait for more info.

According to the rough translation from Freizeitpark-Fotografie, Toverland’s park director confirmed their intentions to spend 20 million Euros on a new roller coaster for 2015.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That would be the final piece they need to become an enthusiast's dream park (in The Netherlands).

Nic

Strata Poster
^Nah, they need an Aquatrax for that to really happen ;)

This would actually make me start looking at the cost of moving to Holland and living next door to the park if it happens.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Either way, any kind of awesomeness at Toverland is greatly appreciated by CF. Toverland <3

andrus

Giga Poster
I remember reading this a couple of weeks ago, and apparently the strongest rumour at the moment is a Vekoma mega looper. Definitely not as exciting as an Intamin Skyrush/I305 type of coaster, but good enough imo :) It would be nice to try out one of Vekomas new designs!

I don't have the time to look up the source at the moment, but browse the dutch and german forums if you want to find out more :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A few years ago, it was said they'd get a Batman Clone in 2012 or 2013, can't remember.

Never heard a word of it since, even though it got to the stage that blueprints were shown.

peep

CF Legend
^Lol, they've been rumoured to get pretty much everything, they seem to like changing their minds a lot. I think it's more down to the change in the market trends though and other projects becoming a better option for them.

I have seen some peeps mention a Mack mega coaster which is to be honest what I'd be rooting for but yeah, this is Toverland and it could be absolutely anything. Consider the fact they are currently building a Mack spinner though ;)

andrus

Giga Poster
^Indeed. There have been rumours of a Batman clone, a B&M divemachine and a Mack supersplash as far as I know.

Anyway, here's the source of the statement:
looopings.nl via googletranslate said:
Toverland trumps competition with mega coaster. Toverland over the coming years completely. We get known as a spinning coaster and a lazy river for our choice in 2012 and 2013, but that the park is not there yet. The next step is a mega coaster of a whopping 20 million. This has director Pieter Cornelis confirmed in an interview with Looopings. He will be going out of 2015 as the opening year. Cornelis holds still a battle for the poor, because first there must be a new zoning approval. "Toverland in the past has sometimes things called that are not true were made. Therefore, we must be careful. "At this moment the park which manufacturer the job may be done. The director thinks the Dutch roller coaster manufacturer Vekoma. Also firms, and M & B Mack still belong to the possibilities. A large part of the budget will go to theming. This requires the child turns hematite transformed into something sturdy that an older audience.

In short:
-Toverland is planning a megacoaster for 2015
-The cost will be 20 million euros and a large part of the budget will go to theming
-Pieter Cornelies, park director of Toverland, thinks Vekoma is the most likely manufacturer. Other possibilities are Mack.
-Pieter makes sure to say nothing is confirmed since he knows people have been disappointed in the past with projects that never came to fruition.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Well, maybe this will pop up then
layout_megaloop.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
What in the hell is that contraption? I do actually want to ride it.

OMG. That looks like a new generation Arrow multilooper just made by Vekoma. Actual PAIN! <3<3

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Well if it rides anything like Kvasten, Gröna Lund, the worst were looking at is a little bit of rattle, similar to some of the B&M's.

Karen

Hyper Poster
*starts saving to go to Toverland again* :D I would go several times a year if I could! TROY *drools* It's a great park, let's hope it chooses wisely.

andrus

Giga Poster
Taken direct from Screamscape:

Freizeitpark-fotografie mentions in this weeks update that Toverland is going over proposals from Mack, Vekoma and B&M for their planned “megacoaster” project.

So they could go with either a B&M, Vekoma or Mack. Hmm, they're spending 20 million euros on the ride, whereof "a large part of the budget will go to theming". Behemoth cost roughly this amount of money a couple of years ago. Although with a lot of the 20 millions going on theming Toverland could just as well end up with a Batman clone if they decide to go with B&M.. I personally hope they'll go with Mack! I love their comfy trains and Blue Fire is a good solid ride and The Storm is looking really good too! It would be great to have some more of these new Macks close to home :)
I sure don't even need to mention that I would not like them to go with Vekoma... :p