Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You have an opportunity to eat out.

Would you go for the meat or fish main course?

Surf & turf not available.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This sounds awfully like the "Whats your sexual orientation?" topic... :lol: (Which, btw, would be fish).

But, in an effort to rise about it all... definitely meat for me. ;)

I don't really like the taste of fishy-fish (kinda like the smell of a fishmongers), and so I find that smell/taste of fish in food to be quite unappealing. Cod is about the only one I like (Fish & Chips from the Chip Shop <3 ), and I don't mind tuna in-and-out, but in general I wouldn't choose fish.

Meat however? Steak <3, Lamb <3, Pork <3. They're all fantastic! Chicken is great, but it's pretty generic most of the time.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I like meat better then fish but my family eats fish so much I get sick of it. Whenever I go out I usually get ribs, wings, burgers, steak etc. I usually never get fish when I go out if I get seafood its usually shrimp or scallops.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Meat or fish?

Meat all the way. Lamb doesn't sit well with me the few times I've had it, but beef, chicken, pork are my choice for any meal. Kangaroo not so much, but I remember alligator being good when I was like 5.

Can't do fish or really any other seafood, except really well prepared calamari. First time I had it (based on presentation and it being extremely dark) I thought it was just a weird onion ring so I had like 2 plates. Then realized what it was and tried to say I didn't like it.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I love having fish when I eat out. But fish can be dodgy and I'm always wary. I've eaten out fish before and felt a bit dodgy the next day, then again another time I felt fab. I have also asked for fish to be taken back to the kitchen before as I knew it was dodgy. Just depends on the fish and who prepares it really.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Definitely meat for me, I'm a medium-rare kind of girl though so slightly soft and warm is my preference. I only ever have fish if I'm having meat as well

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Youngster Joey said:
Shellfish>Meat>non-shell fish

This, but not all shellfish. Well, I'll eat all shellfish, but mussels I'm not keen on unless they're in a really good sauce, but I'd always take a lamb or beef option over mussels anyway.

I do tend to go with meat dishes though because fish dishes always seem a bit "meh" and like Ciall, you need to know they're being cooked really well.

tks

Strata Poster
I only eat fish in a restaurant if I know it's been caught that day and relatively local. Snobby i know, but if you order a "tuna steak" from somewhere like Wetherspoons then you deserve the tasteless slab of rubber that ends up on your plate.

Also the place needs to know what they're doing. Too often abroad that lovely little place on the riviera buys their fish from the European equivalent of Iceland.

EthC

Mega Poster
Meat all the way. I don't know why I just can't stand fish, its mostly textures. I think the only fish I can eat is haddock and cod because they taste the same and don't leave a horrid after taste in you mouth.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
What sushi? As rice is the only thing that makes sushi sushi :p

Jake

Strata Poster
Meat.

If I eat crustaceans my lips and eyes swell up, it really isn't a good look. Luckily, I can't stand the taste anyway.

Anything that tastes or smells really "fishy" I can't stand. I quite like salmon, tuna and other meaty fish like cod every now and again because they're not very offensive.

Meat and poultry win hands down though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Jake said:
If I eat crustaceans my lips and eyes swell up

It's because, according to the Good Book, eating shellfish is an abomination. Even more so than your filthy predilection for cock if you go by the number of times it's mentioned.

Anyone who eats shellfish is damned to spend eternity being sodomised by demons on the fiery shores of the lakes of hell, so consider your mild swelling a warning and think on.