• Eat them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nealbie

CF Legend
Ian said:
Two more days to go and if the results don't change, I'm going to lose the bet.

(If I win, he's buying me a jar of gerkins. If he wins, I have to buy him a Big Mac and he'll thrown the gerkins away in front of me.)

You're not really getting the good end of that bet are you? :lol:

Unless you absolutely LOVE gerkins to bits :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't love gherkins, or even less-than-three them, but it's something I can store in my desk drawer at work and snack on when I feel hungry.

nealbie

CF Legend
Then as I say, you're not getting the best end of the bet. Have fun munching your pickled produce though :wink:

Crippollo

Roller Poster
I cant stand them so always take them out!

I have several customers ask for no pickle when they order so there are alot of up anti pickle people out there.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Crippollo said:
I have several customers ask for no pickle when they order so there are alot of up anti pickle people out there.

54% of people to be precise because CF polls are truely 100% scientific.

Slash

Giga Poster
UC said:
Did you know that a McDonalds Hamburger has that much sugar in it that if the gherkins weren't placed their by the store, they would have to class the hamburger as a confectionary item according to the food standards agency's policies!

I don't know if I buy that. There's so many urban legends regarding that kind of stuff...there's that, there's the mealworm thing, ugh...it doesn't end.

Just because I haven't been in the topic for ages and must say that it is true, the food standards agency gave the info to a tv program that told of McDonalds bad habits. But seriously next time you get a hamburger, just eat a bit of the bun first and try to tell me it doesn't taste like cake.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And the chips! (American: fries) Taste the chips...can you taste egg...

But seriously next time you get a hamburger, just eat a bit of the bun first and try to tell me it doesn't taste like cake.

I dunno about the UK buns, but the buns here definitely don't taste like cake. I pick apart my burgers and pretty much anything else I eat (bad habit yes, but food in braces is highly unattractive), meaning I eat the bun separately from anything else, and it kinda tastes like bread to me!

The ciabatta buns are amazing though.

Nadia

Mega Poster
After living in Bahrain where all their bloody bread and buns tasted stupidly sweet and cake like, I don't find anything cakeyesque about Maccy's burgers buns!

Ollie

CF Legend
Not about the pickle but still McDonalds related.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on6BSfHlK_w&feature=related[/youtube]

Crippollo

Roller Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
But seriously next time you get a hamburger, just eat a bit of the bun first and try to tell me it doesn't taste like cake.

I dunno about the UK buns, but the buns here definitely don't taste like cake. I pick apart my burgers and pretty much anything else I eat (bad habit yes, but food in braces is highly unattractive), meaning I eat the bun separately from anything else, and it kinda tastes like bread to me!

The ciabatta buns are amazing though.

The buns don't taste like cake they do taste abit like stale bread though.

The Ciabatta buns are the best though.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Just to make sure you know, I'm talking about normal HAMBURGER buns, the ones with no seeds or anything.

Crippollo

Roller Poster
^ They all taste like stale bread to me (then again i have known them to leave an open bag of buns over nights and used the next day), But never had one that tasted like cake would love a bum that tasted like cake.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Just because I haven't been in the topic for ages and must say that it is true, the food standards agency gave the info to a tv program that told of McDonalds bad habits.
Yeah mate it's not true.

A cheesburger has 5g of Sugar per 100g (Info taken from www.mcdonalds.com.au)

I went up and had a poke around the kitchen for things that would fall into the dessert/confectionery category:

Chocolate ice cream: 24g/100g
Vanilla Custard: 11.6g/100g
Yoghurt topped Muesli Bars: 28.7g/100g
Cadbury Cooking Chocolate: 59.6g/100g

I just don't see how a cheeseburger is anywhere in the league of confectionery and deserts, and more to the point, how a pickle would make a difference.

would love a bum that tasted like cake.
Yeah, it would taste better than the poo that a bum normally would taste like

Ollie, Supersize me is frickin' fantastic. I remember it put me off McDonalds for almost two years, and seriously, I'm glad the Filet o' Fish molded in his experiment. Those things deserve to be taken OFF the menu because they are just annoying and they taste like paste.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share my wonderful story today. I was filling the condiment jars, and I got to the pickles, and as the pickle juice was going into the sink, I smelled the wonderful aroma of McDonalds pickle juice, and it was intense.

trav

Mega Poster
Gazza said:
Just because I haven't been in the topic for ages and must say that it is true, the food standards agency gave the info to a tv program that told of McDonalds bad habits.
Yeah mate it's not true.

A cheesburger has 5g of Sugar per 100g (Info taken from www.mcdonalds.com.au)

I went up and had a poke around the kitchen for things that would fall into the dessert/confectionery category:

Chocolate ice cream: 24g/100g
Vanilla Custard: 11.6g/100g
Yoghurt topped Muesli Bars: 28.7g/100g
Cadbury Cooking Chocolate: 59.6g/100g

Or to compare to desserts/confectionery at McDonalds, McFlurries have at least 65g/100g, and a Hot Fudge Sundae has 48g/100g.

A Quarter Pounder has 9g/100g, 10% of your daily allowance . Compared to 65g/100g, Over 70% of your daily allowance, I think it's safe to say it's nothing like confectionery.

^Sounds like you had a fun time sniffing those pickles =]

Yah man, I smelled them, put them in my mouth, and squeezed them dry :p .

But man, McDonalds desserts are soo bad for you, like the cinnamon / chocolate melts. I will never, ever eat one again, and we had treat day the other day where we got them for free.