What's new

Marvel theme park in Dubai?

peep

CF Legend
I just stumbled upon this on Cinematical and I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this forum before.

It's only concept images, not much in terms in info.

LINK TIMES CAN BE FOUND HERE

But, wow, look at that second image of that coaster, it looks awesome. Actually, all of it looks amazing. I wonder if this park will be run by Disney though. I mean, Disney did buy Marvel last year. I'm also confused as to why an entire area is devoted to Nickelodeon.

I did do a search for a topic already on this and nothing came up so sorry if there is already something

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I know it's only concept art but that second pic of the coaster looks very B&Mish.. B&M euro-fighter? :p

peep

CF Legend
Do Disney really own Nickelodeon? Huh, never knew that.

I don't think the concept art is that old though (Cinematical added the images last year). Oh well, we can hope it all goes through, would be epic if it looks anything like the images.

^Oh, the search function on these forums is turd, it came up with everything but that topic.

Ollie

CF Legend
An underwater EuroFighter? :? :p
marvel2-(2).jpg

marc

CF Legend
Sorry I am wrong.

Disney own Nick Jnr but its all shown on ABC which Disney own. MTV own Nickelodeon.

peep

CF Legend
Dave said:
Plus you sure its not a four across X-car?

Could be. But altogether it looks more like a B&M design. Could it be launched too? I don't see any lift hills in the artwork for this coaster (unless they opted out of showing the chain in that main image).

A

Anonymous

When I saw the concept art for this park it made me freak out! Around the time Disney bought Marvel I started thinking about Disney and how they now had the license to build a family theme park with bigger thrills andby using the Marvel license they wouldn't be ruining their own family orientated park image.

I stumbled across the concepts for Dubai and I gotta say that despite some of them looking amazing some really lacked theming and I hope this gets reworked in places... But it looks like it's on hold for now though :( Not sure why? Disney are apparently happy to let the project go ahead but I've heard rumours that most of Dubailands plans have been shelved due to the recession while other rumours suggest the land is gradually sinking into the sea so all building work has subsided due to that.

Anyone else know anymore? In a way I hope Dubailand is sinking because theres a better chance the worlds first Marvel park will end up being closer to home :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I know, right!

They own 11 of the world's parks out of a total of 1,364!

Pretty soon all of the parks will be Disney!