What's new

Making Cookies

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
I was bored this afternoon, and I love to bake so I decided to make some triple chocolate cookies!
Ingredients
75g room temp butter
175g caster sugar
1 egg
150g plain flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
100g chopped white chocolate
100g milk chocolate
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until creamy.

Stir in the egg, flour and cocoa and mix until smooth.

Stir in the chopped chocolate.

Spoon the mix onto a greased and lined baking tray.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Leave to harden for one minute then transfer to a plate and enjoy!
241.jpg

If you want to know why my cookies look funny, it's because I used self-raising flour as the recipe said. This made them more cakey but still nice, but make sure to check that you're using PLAIN flour.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You're entering the wrong code for posting images, this is what you need:
Code:
[img]http//i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af241/MinteButtons/236.jpg[/IMG]

If you hover over the image in Photobucket, you'll see "Share" appear, click "Post to website", then the "Get link" tab, then copy the code in the "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" box.

I also like cooking so I'll be interested to see how funny these cookies look if you edit the post with the right links :D

peep

CF Legend
Cookies are awesome and yours do look yummy. Did they taste as good as they look?

I've baked a few things in my time and usually make a lovely big mess while I'm doing it lol.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy cooking, but baking is something I've never really mastered at all. In the last 12 months or so I've made some sponges (eve's puddings and cobblers), but I find it's the deliciously-made-by_furie fillings that makes those.

The first (and last) real baking I did was a lemon cake for Minor_furie's 12th birthday. Madame_furie was supposed to do it, but was ill, or lazy or something. So I ended up doing it after getting back from a drinking session totally bladdered. I'm not going to pretend it was perfect, and you could see where I'd tried to use icing to glue the cake back together after I'd dropped it (in the cake tin, it didn't touch the floor).

It looked dreadful, but tasted nice :)

Anyway, cookies look horrid, sorry, but I hate chocolate cookies - it's no slur on your cookie making abilities :) Has anyone here ever managed to make cookies that look like the ones you buy from the shops? Perfectly round and formed?

marc

CF Legend
Yes the cookies Mark and I made turned out perfect :). I opened the box which contained the mixture added the egg used the electric wisk and sprayed the kitchen. But they did come out round and were nice :)

Yes I cheated.

All in all tbh it still works out cheaper to buy them already made due to the offers they have.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
furie said:
Has anyone here ever managed to make cookies that look like the ones you buy from the shops? Perfectly round and formed?

Yeah, it's well easy, and taste better than the shops. Maybe I'll do a thread about it one day :)

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
peep said:
Cookies are awesome and yours do look yummy. Did they taste as good as they look?

They did taste nice, but not as good as shop bought ones, expect lemon butterfly cakes later on today!

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Right then
Lemon butterfly cakes
Ingredients
115g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
115g margarine
115g caster sugar
2 eggs
lemon rind ( a whole lemon's worth)
2 tbsp milk

For the filling
85g soft butter
175g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and put 12 paper cases in a bun tray.

Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the marge, eggs, sugar, milk and lemon rind.

Then beat till smooth with an electric hand whisk.

Spoon the mixture into the cases.

Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes then leave to cool.

When the cakes are cold, cut a circle from the top of each cupcake then cut each circle in half.

To make the filling, put the butter in a bowl and mix until creamy.

Sift in the icing sugar, add the lemon juice and beat until smooth.

Spread or pipe a little filling into each cake, then press the pre-cut circles of cake in at an angle so they look like wings.

Nic

Strata Poster
My cookies looked a mess, but were apparently better than sex. Well, according to Ian anway.... so they probably wern't actually all that ;)