What's new

Make Your 2019 Six Flags Predictions!

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Or it could live on like Minecraft, which is still going strong almost a decade after it took off. And even if it doesn't last for half that, it's still a brand with big recognition, probably bigger than what Six Flags have gone with in the past. There are way more people out there knowing what Fortnite is than whatever the heck a Bizarro is supposed to be. And even if the Fortnite branded ride tanks, it can probably be readily re-themed, knowing Six Flags' approach to themeing (i.e. turn the painted wood fibre boards around and paint something else on the backside, slap new stickers over the old ones). Remember the Evel Knievel coaster or Terminator Salvation: The Ride? They're still standing, just under new names.
Anyway how many wins do you have?:p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Or it could live on like Minecraft, which is still going strong almost a decade after it took off. And even if it doesn't last for half that, it's still a brand with big recognition, probably bigger than what Six Flags have gone with in the past. There are way more people out there knowing what Fortnite is than whatever the heck a Bizarro is supposed to be. And even if the Fortnite branded ride tanks, it can probably be readily re-themed, knowing Six Flags' approach to themeing (i.e. turn the painted wood fibre boards around and paint something else on the backside, slap new stickers over the old ones). Remember the Evel Knievel coaster or Terminator Salvation: The Ride? They're still standing, just under new names.
Oh I'm not saying it won't grab every 10-14 year old in the market and make them super excited. I'm saying this will crash and burn like wiggles land because it's a summer fad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
And it was fake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/path%3D%252Fr%252Frollercoasters%252Fcomments%252F9aj48e%252F
image0.jpg

I knew it was fake once Fortnite came into the picture. Don't trust information without a source.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Final Predictions:
SFGAM: Maxx Force, intense launch coaster
SFMM: Adrenaline Alley themed area, plus dueling RMC
SFA: Apocalypse scrapped, end of the world themed Skywarp replacing it
(SF)DL: Skywarp and Holiday in the Park
SFSTL: Harley Quinn's Spinsanity tourbillon or S&S 4D Free Spin
SFOG: Waterpark expansion with water coaster
(SF)LR: New Superloop + Super Manege repaint creating a mini-themed land, plus a fence covering the old theater and Cobra's spot, pretend it was never there
SFOT: Family flats
TGE: Traditional Dark Ride by Sally Corp in Nightmare's building (random guess, prob won't happen)
SFM: Family flats expansion
SFHHMexico: Kiddie splash pad
SFNE: Sally Corp dark ride themed to Cyborg
SFGAD: Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth- Zamperla Discovery (tallest in the world)
SFFT: Pirates of the Deep Sea- rethemed Scooby Doo dark ride
SFDK: Kids area expansion and refurbishment
HHConcord: Proslide mat racer (West Coast Racers)
HHPheonix: Thrilling floor-drop slides
FCity: Kids area expansion (plus maybe a Troika??)
HHSplashtown: Typhoon Twister style slide
WWBay: Family Splash Pad replacing Cannonball Falls
-
EDIT: I'm also predicting a couple new themed lands to go with the new additions, specifically at SFDK, SFMM, SFA, and possibly SFA related to their respective new rides

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Alright time to be wrong:

SFMM: multi launch raptor with 4 trains, will only run 2 and will only duel on media day because operations are **** for easiest restraints in the world. 200+ feet, so let's say 220 with first inversion 100 feet shorter so stupid ejector axe ala WW dive loop
SFGAm: Same as above but runs 3 trains, and sub 200 ft, like 195

Everyone else gets ****. SFGAdv gets same model as SFMM next year, but slightly larger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I just remembered another prediction we can make... what cringey scenario will Jim Reid-Anderson find himself in this year? ;)

In all seriousness, I love the Six Flags announcement videos; they're a nice bit of gentle humour to pass 10 or 15 minutes!

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Darien Lake: Lake Monster
As much as I wish for it there's not a chance in the world of this happening. At least not this year. SF just got control of the park and a coaster was just built they didn't even have to pay for! the park won't be getting a new coaster for a while probably

SFDL: Rebranding the park to Six Flags, and probably a flat either a skywarp or a giant frisbee would be my guess.

Matt N

CF Legend
Is it sad that I'm almost as excited for the video as I am for the announcements themselves?
EDIT: Might as well add my final predictions before tomorrow:
SFMM: West Coast Racers, a duelling launch coaster of some form.
SFGAdv: Zamperla Giant Discovery like Crazanity at SFMM.
SFGAm: MaxxForce, a launch coaster of some form.
SFOT: Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth, a Skyline Attractions Skywarp.
SFFT: Some sort of sci-fi themed ride/expansion (an ABC Rides Tourbillon, maybe?) along with more info on Scooby Doo's replacement.
SFStL: S&S Free Spin, maybe? Or possibly an RMC Raptor?
SFNE: Kids World, a new theme park for families.
SFA: Floorless conversion of Apocalypse, don't know what theme.
SFOG: As I have no other ideas, I'll go with a floorless conversion of Georgia Scorcher, like that hoax said.
SFDK: Some sort of flat ride.
SFM: An ABC Rides Tourbillon.
La Ronde: Some sort of flat ride.
Great Escape: Some sort of flat ride.
Darien Lake: Rebrand to Six Flags Darien Lake and some new additions, possibly including a coaster.
Frontier City: Some sort of flat ride.
For some of these, I've got a good idea, but I'm stumped beyond belief with some of the others! I'll have to wait and see if I'm right tomorrow! For all I know, I could be 100% wrong!

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I actually kinda like the idea of a Fortnite themed coaster/ride, even though I'm not really a fan of the game. One would surely boost attendance for a Six Flags park, and it would be nice to see a new IP that SF could use in the future.

davidm

Strata Poster
Link is live now...
https://www.sixflags.com/national/new-for-2019

Six Flags Over Georgia : Pandemonium - Giant pendulum
Six Flags Great America : Maxx Force - coaster
Six Flags Over Texas : Lone Star Revolution - Larson loop
The Great Escape : Bucket Blasters - splash ride thing
Six Flags Magic Mountain : West Coast Racers - coaster
Six Flags Mexico : Bugs Bunny Boomtown - kiddie area
La Ronde : Chaos - larson loop
Six Flags New England : Cyborg - some weird indoor flat thingy
Six Flags Great Adventure : WONDER WOMAN Lasso Of Truth - Giant pendulum
Six Flags Fiesta Texas : THE JOKER Wild Card - Giant pendulum
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom : BATMAN The Ride - S&S freefly
Six Flags St. Louis : SUPERGIRL - zamperla endeavour I think
Six Flags America : Firebird Coaster - floorless conversion of Apolocalypse
Six Flags Darien Lake : Skyscreamer - a skyscreamer (duh)
Six Flags Frontier City : Timber Town - Rockin tug

upload_2018-8-30_10-19-0.png

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Lololol.... so glad everyone was so sure SFNE was getting that Kids World thing... anyone who actually went on that Six Flags site and tried to find directions... it all pointed toward Upstate New York and the Albany Metro. *not* Massachusetts.

And yay being right about SFOG getting a Frisbee. It was completely obvious when I was at the park in June that's what they were going to be building. Based on the construction site and how they cut Goliaths queue off by 2/3 but retain part of it.... gar away from what's now Golaiths queue.